The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

the other wish in this regard:

save all samples that have been made within the DT by doing recordings ----->automatically within a folder that is named as the project itself is !
!!! PLEASE !!!

i find it VERY appealing to just do music by sampling into the DT.
but it can´t be it that everything lands in just one folder.
its creating a big mess, really ! ( and please, no fanboy tell me that i just have to name the samples accordingly )

and further: i´d like to save me the time for proper sample naming all the time.
even more so as the “copy and paste” Name functionality is…screwed / sorry
( yes, so far i do name all samples accordingly :wink: it creates a mess anyway) :wink:

@Elektron : pleae help us to stay away from the computer for making music, please think to these little details.

No, no request for a EQ here, another delay there, a pro+ reverb anyway, 32 tracks, midi-audio exchangable.
no such wishes from me !!
the DT was setup as the entry level toy from elektron, take it as it is…
but please @elektron: do your homework in regards to workflows !!!
and thats mainly also sample-management in ALL its colours and aspects !!!

/rant

1 Like

Can someone please point me to some posts by Elektron staff where they say the DT was meant to be some basic entry level tool? Cuz I see a lot of people claiming that but on what are those statements based?

I feel like they were talking about the price point vs the other boxes.

I’ve seen it being mentioned in other treads too. As if Elektron released the DT as a basic tool for basic things. Then why is it called a beat making powerhouse? And not a beat making toy? Just wondering on what people base their opinions on. My guess is assumptions.

1 Like

I’ve had mine for about a month… I consider it a powerhouse not a toy!

1 Like

I don’t know whether this precisely addresses your question, but one member of staff said “more economic and simple”:

Edit to add another link:

1 Like

That is totally different from “marketed as…” claims I’m talking about.

A streamlined workflow does not imply less features or basic features. But that is just me. I’m patient and will wait to see what new firmwares bring. We were also promised pattern chaining that rivals song mode. As for now we can’t even save the basic chains.

Like I said I’m probably expecting too much.

(Off topic, the forum is mad slow since the downtime)

Simplicity isn’t removing or not adding features or functions.

Simplicity is adding those things in a such way it’s simple to use. Less menu diving, less “thinking” about what you need to do to achieve your goals.

Anyhow, I’m derailing yet another thread. Just wondered where people get their “DT was marketed as X” things from. I’m sorry mods!

I know this cuz I accidentally did it: double tap patterns to double them up.

1 Like

Oh, I recall it wasn’t fast or something, I was making a chain and pressed a pattern twice or something and ended up with the same pattern queued twice in a row. Hope it werks for you :sweat_smile:

Just tried it again, keep holding the other buttons and press the pattern you want to queue up more than once again while holding other buttons. It’ll be a nice workout if you want something like 5-5-8-8-6-6-1-1-2 :smiley:

2 Likes

it would be cool if the track remembered which note you just played in chromatic mode, and then that would be the note selected when putting a step on the sequencer is step-record mode.

it seems to default to the same C3 or whatever it is every time.

5 Likes

a basic EQ for SOUNDS

not sure if this is already mentioned:
but please, please make the midi settings global or make midi setup presets that can be enabled for a new project.

It is annoying to have to go through the midi setup every time a new project is made.
As this does not hapen everyy hour or day or so it is something that causes second thoughts almost everytime I make a new project…

3 Likes

Why not create a template project with your favourite settings?

6 Likes

I´m with you and agree. Totally !

…but you are aware that elektron has put each single word that came out of any of the Staff at any fair etc.on a golden balance bevore saying anything ?
thats also much true for Cenk.
I don´t hang myself up on single words they´d put out but created my own picture in the whole in my head out of it.
they were running at first place for a entry level price tag when designing the DT.
its a totally obvious thing to me, stated many times between the lines of their speaks at the fairs.
and this was translated in my head to “a box for beginners” :wink:

I consider it a Toy. not saying i´m not liking it.
i totally like the DT.

what makes it a Toy for me ?
mono vs. stereo.
1GB RAM, …no file exchange ( sorry, i´m not interested to hear whats planned. its not here yet)
no sample zoom in sample play window.
and mostly: a limitation to 72 paremater to be locked per pattern.
the last one alone makes its a Elektron Toy. Thats me, YMMV

Tough, they screwed “the toy status” in the sense that they made the DT beeing the most capable Elektron Box of all so far :wink:
…thats then my other perspective to look at it. :wink:
so yes, i could also agree that the DT is a powerhouse. very much.
nevertheless, its a Toy. :wink: a great one tough.

sorry, it was not meant to open any dissucssion in this direction. i´,m also tired of those.
i totally forgot about that people have so much problems to take critics on gear they own and like to use.

just this one to close it: a unToy DT would cost somewhere in the 1100$-1400$, retail. thats how it is,
and i would gladly buy it !!

Same specs as the AR sample engine :wink:

More colors for the steps in edit mode.

t would be cool to have different colors for the steps according to the condition trigs. Red for normal, Orange for fill, Yellow for not fill, etc… that way we can quickly check what the state of our steps.

5 Likes

YES! Oh man. Workflow heaven.

I’d love a diff colour vs the quick blinking for trigs with parameter locks.

1 Like

That doesn’t negate the blinking though. The quick blinks fatigue my eyes, or maybe the brightness overall does.

2 Likes