The AR Feature Request Thread {closed}

Come on, a lot of people yelled at the beta update because reviewed FX would cripple all the previous kits.
The yelling even delayed the release of the following update.

Basically this parameter is only intended to keep old kits as they were, it’s the result of the FX having being enhanced.

This was a very good move, at the time.

2 Likes

“… very good move at the time” - definitely a matter of opinion. I though it was a bad move from the start, and by your statement, I can sense that you can see how it wasn’t a good move at this time. I don’t ever find myself going, “Oh, I want my effects to sound weak on this track; time to go to Legacy FX mode.”

I say get rid of Legacy FX mode, and utilize resources to implement something truly useful like the ability for the LFOs to modulate parameters on any of the tracks like on the MD.

Elekton admitted that the way FX were initially implemented was flawed. Since when do OS updates retain flaws for a handful of people who got accustomed to a flaw, and are too lazy to adjust some volumes on their kits? Honestly, is it so terribly difficult to adjust the volumes of some kits?

High ?

2 Likes

use samples?

Well I for one appreciate elektron doing it this way. I have a few patterns that are perfectly tweaked to a point where I don’t want to touch any parameter, and they use the legacy fx sends to a great degree.

I doubt ditching legacy fx send mode would give that much free resources anyway.

1 Like

I recently purchased a Novation Cirkuit, it features a quite simple Sidechain compressor, which is improving the sound of the box a lot. The cirkuit doesnt even deliver so much bass like the rytm and its much more simple, a shame the compressor of the rytm doesnt work like that…

I had a lot of issues caused by too much low end coming out, and Iam separating the individual output channels through a analogue mixer (Mackie Onyx 1620). Its not about the EQ or filtering, I desperately need to to add “breathing” and more control to the sounds since I love to tune the toms down to achieve a groovy-like sequence…

1 Like

No, but what about all parameter locks, scene locks, performance macros etc?
In any case, no resources are wasted by this inclusion.

4 Likes

Ok, I concede; it made a few folks happy. I’d still be interested in knowing whether anyone purposely uses the Legacy FX mode after the fix/improvement to the FX gain staging.

Also, while I have your attention, would giving the RYTM the ability to freely assign the LFOs to any track waste any resources?

That is simply not possible, sorry.

2 Likes

allright I thought about this again and maybe this feature will could be one of the functions in the upcoming new elektron product :)))

Ok, thanks. I guess I’ll stop hoping for any more modulation than is currently available.

1 Like

Insert sequencer trigs when holding a scene pad to create scene fills

This is my biggest request! I can’t think of any feature I’d like more. Being able to set up altered/alternative patterns in the scenes would make this machine (even more of) a beast! It would allow for unstoppable breakcore/IDM/jungle possibilities, which is something that’s hard to find in any hardware synth I’ve ever seen to date!

One way to do it without saving a whole sequence in every scene would be to just have extra on/off triggers saved to the scene. I guess there would have to be a limit as to how many extra triggers you could add/remove per scene, but anyway, if this is actually feasible, it would be amazing!

3 Likes

What about a gate on the reverb? There is a missing parameter on the reverb that seems like the location for ‘gate’. Is it missing due to CPU resources?

1 Like

The reverb is on the FX track, so it should be easy to make a gate effect using a trig with locks and LFO tricks

2 Likes

Sorta and not sorta. A gate is level-dependent, and if I vary my volumes going into the reverb (which I do often) that means having to gauge and plock every note that goes through the reverb.

1 Like

Feature request: Mute performance mode for the sequencer.
Live record of mute state per step. This would liven up patterns, a one bar intese hihat loop could easily turn into a 4 bar relaxed pattern realtime, a lot quicker and intuitive than programming the steps of the hihat.
Holding mute and pressing record seems to be free for the command, but that may be reserved for a future “copy mute” function? Anyway I often jam ideas like this and seems like a natural way of working quickly.

Sorry about the double post, but it is a different feature request:
Scene combination mode, holding retrig and selecting a scene would add that scenes parameters to the current one. Exit would be pressing on any scene while not holding retrig. Overlaping parameters cold be calculated or ignored, don’t know if it is tasking. I often use a specific scene for that track, this could act as a small scene selector, like a mini kit.
The combo is currently selecting the scene as if the retrig button is not pressed, while entering retrig mode for the selected pad. (Pretty useless).

Ok, I think this has not been mentioned: more conditional log conditions.

There currently are conditional logs like 4:4, which means that the sounds will be activated only every 4th run. What i would like to see also is the inverse: negated 4:4, such that the sound is there for each run except the 4th. This should be a low hanging fruit for the programmers…

K

1 Like