Test OLED Pixels

So this was the message I got on my new Digitone on first powerup. ‘TEST OLED PIXELS’ I was at a loss. Rebooted, same message. Rebooted, same message. Etc… Ok, rtfm. Checked the online pdf. Nothing. Ok hit the forums. Nothing. Welp, after another 10 reboots I was thinking of returning the purchase. Tried holding down Func while powering, nothing… func + trig 1 , trig 2, etc etc. Nothing. Hit every button, nothing…

Ok, so I eventually found a key combo that got it to change or at least start this test… all the keys turned blue… I think it was FUNC + NO… screen then asked are all the keys blue? … I hit ‘YES’ nothing… so I went through randomly hitting keys, lastly and grimacing, I hit ‘NO’ keys turned red, screen asks if all keys are red? Welp ‘NO’. More menus more ‘NO’ finally after a few more screens I was greeted with ‘All tests complete!’ Hit ‘NO’ hit ‘YES’ nothing. Tried all keys. nothing. Finally and hoping, rebooted… it booted up. Normal, WORKING!.

So I checked the boot + func and then trig 1 to see if this was the menu, nope. This test menu and the others are completely different. Whatever menu I was in was a one time deal I think from the factory.

Why is this important? I’m happy now right? Well, so anyone else searching the internets with this problem will know they wont have to return the digitone. It’s not broken, and also so Elektron can add a trouble shooting section to their manual, include the proper steps to get through this debacle.

Cheers
CF

3 Likes