Tempo behaviour

Can someone please suggest what is happening when my pattern jumps to a different tempo after accidentaly touching the microtiming arrows, its not swapping to global tempo or nudging the track just a straight tempo jump that results in a mess. I expect there is some reason behind it but to me its only annoying and happens a little too often.

that’s an intentional tempo nudge feature on every other Elektron box - I suggest you read the DT manual, I fully expect it’s the same

e.g. AR manual

TEMPO
On the main interface screen, press and hold [ARROW] keys [LEFT] or [RIGHT] to
temporarily nudge the tempo 10% up or down.

I’m pretty sure it’s bugged, where it snaps the tempo to 120 regardless of what your project/pattern tempo is.

EDIT: But the way it’s SUPPOSED to work like avantronica posted, is it’s supposed to be a temporary “slight” adjustment in tempo, then when you release it goes back to your project/pattern tempo. It’s just not working that way at the moment.

3 Likes

Sounds like an issue that’ll already be reported then - don’t have a DT, but sounds like a bug

indeed, mentioned here

2 Likes

Sounds like the same problem but the tempo does’nt change to a fixed 120 bpm, last time it went from 152 to 127.2. There is often some familiarity with whatever tempo it lands on, like it has been borrowed from another pattern.

So the nudge according to the Digitakt manual is 10%. 152 to 127 is roughly ten percent change. The bug would be if the tempo gets stuck after the nudge. Is it getting stuck?

1 Like

It changes and stays that way untill I go into the options and readjust it( providing I can remember what it was).

1 Like

Just for clarity, you’re not sending midi in from some other box or daw?

I have the midi out conected but nothing else switched on when it happens, only clock is on everything else disabled.