Tegeler Audio Vari Tube Compressor VTC

Tegeler offers a 14-Day Demo Service right now, i think i have to order one and check it out…

Did anyone here use one of these Comps?

I was thinking about getting this one too. Only read good reviews about it. But probably i will get an igs audio tubecore 500.

Fyi if you spot it second hand make sure it is an original one.

https://www.tegeler-audio-manufaktur.de/News/tegeler-audio-manufaktur-warnt-vor-geraten-nichtgeklarter-herkunft

1 Like

yeah, i read about that, strange thing…

I’m wondering because i cant find a lot of user review on the VTC, found some on youtube but most of the do strange stings of don’t level match correctly…

on gearslutz they have a bad reputation, maybe because Tegeler is German. Have a look here:

TUBE COMPRESSOR “Heikki Sta Level”

I justed ordered the Pultec style EQ. It’s on it’s way. I will keep you posted about quality etc.

1 Like

Or maybe the HCL!

did anyone here use Tegeler Gear at all?

Fyi:

So, i’v ordered a Tegeler VTC to test it for 14-days. I’m totally excited to listen to that Beast.

If someone like to send me some Tracks, Loops or whatever i can push it through the VTC…

So, the VTC is here, i’ve tested a lot and i have to say i really, REALLY like what it does and how it sounds. BUT, it’s subtle, very subtle. If i put the VTC on the Master and turn it off after a minute it’s like Day and Night for me. It shapes the Frequency Curve in a nice way, rolls off some lowend starting around 100hz but at the same time it boosts around 60hz with a broad Q, i think a little dip at around 400hz and it adds a nice highend shimmer.

I had a short try to get close to the sound with some Plugins, i got close to it, not perfectly but close. But i can’t get that highend smimmer. I tryed some Waves plugins and some free ones wich i really like, to get that Tube Saturation and after listening to the VTC they sound all like sh…! What the…

But at the end it’s such a subtle thing against 1900€. I did not know if it’s really worth the money…