SYNTHESIZE: An analog love story

Have you happened to see this short film yet?

3 Likes

Yes, I personally hated it, played into the male nerd
power fantasy in the most supremely clichéd and cringy way possible.

7 Likes

That’s a fair comment.

1 Like

lol, sorry to go in hard there. What did you think of it?

3 Likes

HAHA. I ask for a hug and Anfim comes in swinging. :joy:

I didn’t read into it much. I thought it was nicely filmed and I reflected on how I have a few synths that are very meaningful to me. Not unlike old friends, I’d miss them terribly if they died.

I hope a wonderful cis/trans synth nerd heroine will be there to help revive them when they need the attention because I’m a bit of a moron when it comes to troubleshooting that shit. :rofl:

1 Like

Gotta agree with @Anfim on this one - kinda gross

1 Like

That’s cool. I thought the love story between the gal and the Polivoks was relatable.

Anyway, no affiliation with the video so take it for what it is.

A bond between a person and their instrument is always cool, but then they wrapped it in a weird plot that was really unnecessary

1 Like

Wonder if nerd received his ‘happy ending’
Awaiting part 2 :eyes:

2 Likes

That was hard to watch.

1 Like

the fuck was that? booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

1 Like

you guys are a tough audience (okay a little saccharin/twee but it’s just light fun and made with love) ! have a hug @konputa

2 Likes

I’m with @anfim on this. What the hell were these people thinking?

1 Like

I typically think of youtube comments as a cesspit but to contrast the comments here with those on youtube is curious.

1 Like

So many positive comments on Youtube - nice! Good to see that for a change.
I couldn’t watch this personally, but glad to see some people enjoyed it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree it was a bit cringey but I didn’t get the vibe that it was especially playing into a ‘power’ fantasy, not that there is anything inherently wrong in that anyway IMHO. But overall this kind of theme is a bit of a cliche so perhaps it was done in a tongue-in-cheek way? Dunno.

1 Like

Lonely nerd helps the damsel in distress who showed up at his door unannounced, working for free and sacrificing his own equipment in the process, presumably just because she’s attractive.

I phrased my original comment quite poorly but the whole premise of the thing is a bit weird.

If the YouTube dwellers liked it that’s a sure sign that it’s wack! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yeah, agree, it’s really odd, not a great premise for a little film, and the acting and script doesn’t exactly help it, in my opinion, but just a change from the norm to see so much love on YouTube.

I showed it to my wife and she thought it was kind of sweet, she said she thought the guy was just being kind and helping a kindred sprit. She always looks for the best in people though and is generally a very positive and helpful person herself.

She added that she thought the love story aspect was the girl in love with the synth, not the guy, nor that the guy was in love with the girl.

6 Likes

Good call, I think I’ll see if my wife will watch this and share her thoughts. I wonder if she’ll see it the same way your wife and I saw it.

The synth repair dude was ancillary in my eyes and I thought it was clear that girl from Ukraine was in love with her Polivoks.

1 Like