Switch static to flex

After my recent moans on here about pops/clicks and people advising me to crop loops and save as new samples before trying to play them chromatic ally, I finally buckled and became the OT’s bitch in hope it would then play nice with me :wink:

During the process I noticed that I had the problem loop sample setup on 2 tracks. One static and one flex. Guess I did that while trying to troubleshoot the clicks/pops. When cropping the sample and adding tiny fades at start/end I found that you can’t do this in a static sample slot. The static sample edit options are way reduced. This is fair enough as I guess it isn’t in ram and editing would be destructive. But leads me to a new problem. I nearly always use static slots, as auditioning flex samples with sequencer running causes acknowledged crashes in 1.25e. I haven’t updated cos seems each new update since then has had other problems. But if I use static to find my sample and I end up trimming it for a loop, and then I get clicks/pops and i have to crop, add fades and resave the sample to avoid clicks/pops when playing chromatic ally… Now I have to switch to flex to do this editing. Which is even more ballache to re-find/load the sample and set the trim points precisely again etc. Anyone know an easy way to switch a static track to a flex track and regain sample slot info/trim points?? Thanks.

Yes, of course I do… :stuck_out_tongue:

Theres a quick way and a slow way. How many Projects / Sample slots we talking?

[/quote]
Haha, I should’ve known :wink: The thing is its unforeseeable, ongoing amount of samples slots… I never know when I’m gonna find a little part of a sample that I decide i want to loop and use chromatically, it just happens various stages through a project :frowning: PITA having to trim/resave the sample anyway, having to additionally switch from static to flex is even slower!

I’m not sure of the issues you’re having, but I rarely get clicks or pops when looping samples, playing chromatically and with flex or static.

Changing from static to flex to edit is a real pain however. I’d prefer both to have the full options.

[/quote]
Haha, I should’ve known :wink: The thing is its unforeseeable, ongoing amount of samples slots… I never know when I’m gonna find a little part of a sample that I decide i want to loop and use chromatically, it just happens various stages through a project :frowning: PITA having to trim/resave the sample anyway, having to additionally switch from static to flex is even slower! [/quote]
Is this due to a v1.25E issue? Or the way that you are using it?

Sorry, off the top of my head I can’t recall if you posted about the issue before…?

Ah man, it’s happening way too often for me :frowning: regardless of using zero-crossings etc. In the thread I made about it someone said it was probably ‘rounding errors’. I still haven’t read up on that but what I got from the thread was that basically the dsp in OT struggles with that kind of stuff and needs samples to be trimmed and resaved/loaded. Which like you say, sucks when you have to also switch from static to flex and prepare the loop points etc again before cropping :frowning:

[/quote]
Haha, I should’ve known :wink: The thing is its unforeseeable, ongoing amount of samples slots… I never know when I’m gonna find a little part of a sample that I decide i want to loop and use chromatically, it just happens various stages through a project :frowning: PITA having to trim/resave the sample anyway, having to additionally switch from static to flex is even slower! [/quote]
Is this due to a v1.25E issue? Or the way that you are using it?

Sorry, off the top of my head I can’t recall if you posted about the issue before…?[/quote]
Still not totally sure what the issue is with the pops/clicks on loop points. Here’s the original thread. It began with me saying it was happening with a PIPO loop. But then half way down the thread I describe that I also have similar problem with regular looping on a lot of samples. And it’s not like it pops every pass, sometimes it would be ok for like 2 loops, then pop for 4, then not pop etc. No one seemed to have an answer that fixed things, just the workaround of truncating sample with fades and saving/reloading…

Can you replicate it easy enough?

Got a Project that has an issue? You can ping it over to me, and I can have a dig around if/when I get a chance, bit I’m a bit flat out crunching at the moment though…

I’ll have a read over that thread in my “spare time” lol

Got a Project that has an issue? You can ping it over to me, and I can have a dig around if/when I get a chance, bit I’m a bit flat out crunching at the moment though…

I’ll have a read over that thread in my “spare time” lol[/quote]
Cheers mate :slight_smile: I should be able to get a problem track happening pretty easy and send it over as a project. Just seems really weird that the loop only ‘sometimes’ clicks/pops. Also I just realised that I mainly started noticing this happening when I began to use Parts. Don’t know if that is just coincidence, maybe it was happening before but just not often enough for me to get pissed with it, or maybe using Parts stretches the OT dsp just that little bit too much for smooth operation…drop you a PM when I have the file together, if you get time to check it out that would be great, thanks again.

Cheers mate :slight_smile: I should be able to get a problem track happening pretty easy and send it over as a project. Just seems really weird that the loop only ‘sometimes’ clicks/pops. Also I just realised that I mainly started noticing this happening when I began to use Parts. Don’t know if that is just coincidence, maybe it was happening before but just not often enough for me to get pissed with it, or maybe using Parts stretches the OT dsp just that little bit too much for smooth operation…drop you a PM when I have the file together, if you get time to check it out that would be great, thanks again. [/quote]
You know where to find me…

Just to manage expectations… it will be quite a way down my list of priorities, for, well, reasons.

Cheers mate :slight_smile: I should be able to get a problem track happening pretty easy and send it over as a project. Just seems really weird that the loop only ‘sometimes’ clicks/pops. Also I just realised that I mainly started noticing this happening when I began to use Parts. Don’t know if that is just coincidence, maybe it was happening before but just not often enough for me to get pissed with it, or maybe using Parts stretches the OT dsp just that little bit too much for smooth operation…drop you a PM when I have the file together, if you get time to check it out that would be great, thanks again. [/quote]
You know where to find me…

Just to manage expectations… it will be quite a way down my list of priorities, for, well, reasons.[/quote]
Yeh of course, no expectations, just if you get a sec :wink: thanks. Slammed here too and probably won’t even get round to sending the project!

I’ll take a look too, at least see if I can recreate the inconsistency aspects.

I did have a lot of trouble at first, but managed to find working methods to minimise clicks and make sampled instruments that I could play chromatically.

Innabit

I had a play with looping a sample and got something looping with no clicks or pops - I replied in the other thread.