Swedish step sequencer trickery

I recently picked up a Octatrack mk2 and discovered the interesting step sequencer design as pictured below.

What is this skullduggery?

The supplier has requested I return the unit but we have become attached. I have requested a replacement spare part as I explore for any magical possibilities…

9 Likes

Yeah, best plan probably (via support, who’ll guide you through the method I’m sure, or browse the threads on users doing this … especially digitakt)

It’s a time machine!

9 Likes

Might have been from a slightly earlier batch, they had a small issue with button labelling but I’m pretty sure @Ess from elektron mentioned something about a machine that resolved the issue. Just contact support, I’m sure it’ll be sorted quickly

@pselodux that made me laugh, wittier than anything I could think of

1 Like

I’m pretty sure they will just send you a 12 button. This was a problem in early batches when button qc was being done by humans, which can be a faulty lot. It happened to a bunch of digitakts. Users with button issues reported being sent new buttons and that they were easy to pop off and replace.

2 Likes

Do you think you might leave it as is, even once the spare part has been sent?! It’s an entertaining flaw - your unit’s own individual character!

3 Likes

I have an OT mk1 with a reverse lit track 5. Red when not selected, green when selected. It also occasionally zaps me. It’s just the personality of the machine coming through. Yours can’t count, and mine is an asshole.

12 Likes

Yes have been thinking of keeping it this way, maybe explain it is a “special” custom time machine version to anyone enquiring

1 Like

it’s awesome!

As suggested above, I would ask support for a 12 button : it is extremely easy to replace (use a guitar pick for removing the wrongly labeled button).
Once received, you can decide if you want to keep it like this or not :wink:

1 Like

That would drive me insane!

minihobbitses

you may find to hard to return the instrument if the retailer finds out that you have been conducting open heart surgeries with the guitar pick

Lol asshole machines :joy:

Paul Daniels clearly shipped this unit !

No one would detect it, such replacement is totally harmless, especially with a guitar pick.
Heart surgery is way too heavy an expression compared to the real manipulation.

Now I was talking about keeping the 14 vs the 12 :wink:

2 Likes