Superbooth 18

if they dont even have anything new to show off, thats very bad news. it means its likely not even close to being released

4 Likes

In retrospect, I plead my case to support 2 weeks ago about needing only the transfer update for AR mk1 (desperately need to move a lot of samples from AR to OT). I asked if I could beta and they agreedā€¦when beta was available. Iā€™ve yet to hear back so now Iā€™m fully confident that it will not be released at SB. Bummerā€¦

1 Like

Simon just told me.
Also: no ETA for OB.

6 Likes

Come on man, thereā€™s no need to give up on making music completely

39 Likes

Christ! This place is about to go into meltdown with the OB chat

5 Likes

The thought of pairing these two together often tempts me into geting back into Eurorack.

3 Likes

They should have known this would happen haha

Who said I make music?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfjArsHmtlY

5 Likes

From a fella whoā€™s done some tradeshows, at a certain point you have to show up even if your brand doesnā€™t have a splendid announcement. If you miss a show, for us NAMM, mumbles start going around that youā€™re losing it.

Plus you get all the related benefits, press coverage, meeting users, enticing new ones, and perhaps most beneficial is talking with your contemporaries in the industry.

That said, it feels much better to drop some hot new shizz on the trade show floor.

3 Likes

Dang, not even an ETA? From my experience with trade shows you book the booth space a year in advance. I bet they were fully confident OB would be blowing minds by that time so now they have to make the best of it with a ā€œjam.ā€
I still firmly believe they would be better off being more open and honest to their customers. This radio silence (except for the ā€œSimon Undergroundā€) wonā€™t help them if they choose to stay that course.

3 Likes

No ETA at this point makes me pretty confident it wonā€™t be dropped anytime this year

4 Likes

Expert sleeper have modules to provide computer connectivity

1 Like

The least they should do now is to aknowledge publicly with regrets the false advertising situationā€¦ And from the head of marketing department. Not just Simon.

yea big time. I do trade shows n in my experience you book next yearā€™s stand within a few months of the last show.

To be honest, no OB was a key reason for why I ditched the Digitakt. OB was one of the reasons I kept hold of my A4 for as long as I did. It makes a big difference to those who really want that functionality and is hugely frustrating in its absence.

Has anyone actually emailed Elektron and asked them for an ETA on Overbridge? What do they say?

1 Like

True. a Maschine mk3 would probably be a more advantageous trade.

Or a Push 2 or a Kontrol mk2(mmmmmm)

1 Like

It DOES look cool! Iā€™m not a fan of the software, but for those that are, I definitely get the excitement!

1 Like

iā€™m really starting to believe they simply cannot deliver 8 track streaming audio over USB 2.0 and made a serious design flaw not going for usb3.

4 Likes

What USB was on the AR mk1?