Superbooth 18

Two things on my wishlist:

1. Overbridge 2.0. I’m predicting its ready to go and they’ve been waiting to launch it at Superbooth '18. Been waiting very patiently since i got my A4MK2, patience has waned a little since I got my Digitone.
  2. Digidrum: An 8 voice, 8 track digital drum synthesizer based on the Digitakt/Digitone form factor. With the dual MCU set up from Digitone there’s obviously enough horsepower under the hood to make it happen. If they made a Digidrum, they would have the “Holy Trinity” as flagship instruments, and the “Digitrio” as their high value, budget oriented instrument line.

I sense disappointment in your future

19 Likes

Sounds like a cheesy jazz band from the 80s. I love it

2 Likes

I saw someone say “Digitwins” referring to the -takt and -tone. IMMEDIATELY my brain was like “Wait a minute Holy Trinity?! Digitrio?! I need a Digidrum!”. Now I’m convinced its coming, and already saving up for one.

2 Likes

Psych rock festival in Berlin. Man I wish I knew.

1 Like

But the digitakt is a drum machine?

4 Likes

I’m stuck on the idea that they release machines in drum machine/synth pairs: md/mnm, a4/ar dt/dn with the OT and Sid station being outliers. So I don’t think we are gonna get a mini trinity.

Just my speculation though

4 Likes

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Dreadbox Medusa

I am inclined to agree with your ”duo” assesment. The OT was originally a ”spinoff” of the ideas that came about when UW functionality was added to the MD, so the MD UW line is the ”father of OT” in a way, if the ancient lore of the reference manuals is taken as gospel.

2 Likes

Yes, but drum sampler = / = drum synth. I’m hoping for a synthesis based drum machine in this form factor.

1 Like

You’re probably right, but still holding out hope for a drum synth in the digi- form factor!

Digitakt says Digital Drum Computer and Sampler on the unit. I’m hoping they add drum synthesis in future updates.

3 Likes

this will sadly never happen - they already denied that in interviews and presentations. was just a bad choosen description for the digitakt.

1 Like

Surely Analog Keys Mk ii is an option for unveiling this weekend? That plus Overbridge would be their big vibes. But I have a terrible feeling Overbridge still isn’t ready.

What would a proposed AK mk2 bring to the table though? I don’t think the AK seems all that popular for the prices in seeing them go at these days. It’s a shame cause it’s an amazing synth if you can handle the tiny screen but I don’t see elektron doing another keys. I never got to use an A4 but I imagine it works better as a small unit. I loved the lights above the keys though.

1 Like

Yeah, I picked up my AK Mk 1 last year for a great price. Almost half what the new A4 mk 2 is going for now! Perhaps you’re right and there isn’t enough money in producing a new AK, I don’t know. But I think that’s more likely than another new box.

1 Like

Digitone is a pretty good drum synth :wink:

5 Likes

It we go by past product history we would be looking at a digitone keys if we get a new keyboard.

1 Like

Longstyle like the original MnM if we’re lucky :diddly: just look at that badboy

9EFE03B8-438C-4854-A6C2-C17FFE62589D

5 Likes

features include “Overbridge enabled, seamlessly connect to your DAW…”

:sleeping:

1 Like