Superbooth 18

Btw. pittsburg microvolt and their new sequencer looking ace. It sounds just they did right. Always wanted a bigger sq-1 for eurorack

3 Likes

promises does not mean deliveries :joy:

Since itā€™s an edit of a previously posted pic I would assume so.

The world need more soundpanzers! Only the soundpanzer is a good panzer! :speaker:

5 Likes

just returned after two days. best gadget of the show for me was the microvolt 3900 from Pittsburgh, its like a 0-Coast on steroids.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s more

5 Likes

Did anyone play thr Soulsby Atmultitron?

Yes, they both look awesome. Hard to resist.
Sequencer + Microvolt + 0-coast would be an amazing trio

1 Like
7 Likes

I want to rent the soundpanzer for busking.

2 Likes

This is why I love Novation. Thereā€™s always something new and shiny hiding in the gear you already own. That and they take customer feedback into consideration. Now if only I had an option to dim my Launchpad Pro down. That thing just gets wayyy too bright sometimes.

2 Likes

I think the best quote Iā€™ve seen about the Behringer clones is:ā€œBehringer doing Roland better than Roland can do Rolandā€. I bought Behringer products regrettably when they had no quality control and things just fell apart. Iā€™m very interested in their Odessey and MS-101. I hear everyone going crazy over the Boog Model D but what I wanna know is the build quality and sound quality really there? I like the improvements theyā€™ve teased on these prototypes.

On my radar is that Erebus3, the Pittsburg sequencer, and that Tanzabar 2. Iā€™m scrapping my old wish list now!

Iā€™ve yet to have owned any Novation products but love the way they actually listen to their customers and try to give them what they wish for. Just look at what theyā€™re doing for Ciruit! That thing is nearly 3yrs or so old and these updates keep rolling with awesome features. I know other companies who should model this. Thats how you keep brand loyalty right there!

2 Likes

I havenā€™t seen anything that excites me so far. Guess most of my gear needs are sorted? Even that Behri BOB clone is a ā€want, not needā€ thing for me.

For the 808, I really hope that they do some more advanced/updated features. That would interest me the most. Iā€™d love for Roland to do it themselves, sort of like SE and Rolandā€™s unique spin on the Minimoog. If Roland did an updated 808 analog drum machine in the Boutique format with more advanced sequencing and sound shaping capabilities at the Boutique price point and size, Iā€™d buy it in an instant.

If they donā€™t then Iā€™d consider giving the Behringer a try.

In the end, I think the competition will be good. Itā€™s not like a million people donā€™t make Fender or Gibson guitar clones, but people still buy the originals for the quality and the ā€œbrandā€ and resale value. In fact, Fender Japan started as a copy guitar manufacturer, and even Yamaha was cloning Gibsons. A million manufacturers make amp and pedal clones, but people still buy the originals. Itā€™s the way of the world. The people that buy $2,000 guitars are generally well off or pros, and most of them still want originals. The same will be true of the synth world.

If you can afford real Adidas, you probably wonā€™t be buying the knock-offs. That probably means that the demand that Behringer will be really dipping into will be from the people that werenā€™t going to spend $2Gs on a drum machine. They will help out a lot of working class musicians though and probably push companies like Roland to enter the market if the demand is there.

3 Likes

OP-Z

7 Likes

Dinsync Gilbert - Paul mentions the CEM chips and his take on it. Respect.

3 Likes

Only the Medusa and Erebus v3 stand out for me so far.

Iā€™ll be keeping a very close eye on those, especially the Medusa.

1 Like

My GAS for this has sort of diminished, which is probably a good thing. Not quite what I was hoping for.

4 Likes

Ok. I knew it will come, but this gets me really excited.

6 Likes