Superbooth 18

Alex Dasz will be shown too.

There is a kind of boom/bust cycle with Elektron products in the secondhand market. I got my Digitakt for 500 euros when it was buggy and on OS 1.04. Now with the compressor update I could sell it for more than I paid.
I think that’s a small but significant part of why people are so eager to get updates. They see the value of their Elektron box increase with every feature update.

for me, and maybe for many others, i bought the Digitakt just after it launched believing Overbridge would be launched before the end of 2017. OB was a key factor in my purchasing decision.

We are now well into 2018 and it’s been maybe 2 months since any communication for an OB release date. I’ve thought about selling the unit a few times but hold off because I know I will take a big hit on my investment. (i also have some faint hope that Elektron will come through and launch OB soon, which will probably return the value of my investment to where it should be.)

i think 500 euros is a fair price for the features that available now. i would guess a lot of people feel disillusioned with Elektron and would be reluctant to buy a newly launched product from them in the future. Sure the products are good, very good, but if the described feature’s of the new product isn’t delivered at the point-of-sale (or soon after) then why would anyone buy new!

It would appear to me now that Elektron’s products have more popularity as a ‘second-hand purchase’ so now I wonder how this boom/bust cycle will impact Elektron’s business and bottom line in the future?

fingers crossed that Overbridge is launched at Superbooth.

3 Likes

I hope Behringer have their Vocoder VC340 for show on Superbooth, I want one, but I have to hear it first!! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I want one too but without the keyboard

I created a new thread for this. It’s called the U-He CVilization.

This is truly original, and will be interesting to see more about.

1 Like

DSI should be dropping the deets on the new Prophet X. Demo sounds kinda Wavestation-ish despite lack of a joystick.

That Mr Firechild demo for it is so fucking good!

2 Likes

Fingersonic SYNSET– Eight voice six operator FM synth, with 16 step sequencer.

fingersonic-fm-synthesizer

Looks like a Digitone in some ways. Expect it in the Summer.
No Overbridge Included!

1 Like

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::angry::japanese_ogre:

That’s the final straw! I’m booking my flight to Germany right now, and gonna join the pitchfork-and-torch party!!!

Oh wait, diff. comppany. nvm…

3 Likes

Maybe if Cenk gets lost, or there is an alternate reality Dataline he can demo this product?

1 Like

What about a song mode?

2 Likes

" You can save up to 16 patterns in a memory and chain them together to build songs"

1 Like

There’s a ton of new stuff on the way:

MacBeth is showing a redo called Elements EL2 that should be good.
The DS1drumstation a semi modular drum machine from Soundmachines.
A twelve track matrix sequencer the Seq12 from ModeMachines.
The Norns sound processing synth from the makers of the Monome

3 Likes

Interesting that the Elements EL2 states both: Vintage ICs, AND “all discrete”. :smiley: I’m not a purist there, (in fact I prefer ICs) so I really don’t care, but funny to see both items mentioned. Looks pretty amazing as usual though.

AND another new synth from Dreadbox

NOT the Lil Erebus and NOT the Medusa – something new!

1 Like

They really are busy - maybe something more like the Medusa was originally planned to be before the sequencer grid was added?

1 Like

Superbooth is shaping up to be a great one, good thing i’m skint!
ik multimedia are teasing something as well on there facebook page, some hardware synth maybe https://business.facebook.com/ikmultimedia/videos/10160290297780147/

1 Like

thought i would just add this here instead of a(nother) dedicated thread.
Gibbon Digital will be sharing a booth with Buso Audio. there will be twisting of knobs and touching of desks at our booth W440 :scream_cat: :laughing:
do come by and say hi (or anything else you might want to say :laughing: )

4 Likes

A year already that the DT has arrived :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::rofl::rofl:

1 Like