Superbooth 18

Yeah, I’d be super surprised if there is actually any OB news. The new compressor on the DT was meant to be packaged with the OB update, but they decided to just get it out there. Wouldn’t make sense unless OB is still a ways out.

2 Likes

Man I’m so damn pissed that the machinedrum is still on 1.63 :joy:

5 Likes

nooooo :smile:

that’s my theory out the window.
2.0 was gonna be EPIC.

2 Likes

Something new:

Dave Smith Instruments will likely be showing it’s new Sequential Prophet X

And right next to DSI is Jobomusic. I’ve been wondering about their product Flexion – three years in the making. Shows promise. It’s a way to wave morph a digital wave.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: DSI Sequential X

I’m also expecting (hoping for?) Korg to show the SDK (software development kit) for the Prologue – which will get entirely swamped by all the other new announcements at the show.

ADDED 30 April: GovernorSilver posted detail about this here.

SyntoNovo will unveil it’s new PAN analog synth with it’s 3D keyboard control, a ton of sliders and some sort of strange looking control with lots of bright colored buttons. This should be fun to check out at the very least.

ADDED: This photo is from a year ago and i completely expect to see something very different now. There is also a video with Nick Batt from a year back too. This potentially could be very interesting both as an advancements in controllers, and perhaps too in analog synthesis.

1 Like

Sold!

Edit: though I’ll admit the colored buttons of the Digitone were a selling point for me :smiley:

3 Likes

A friend of mine was literally just about to order a Digitakt, though now she’s holding out in case “something big” is announced at Superbooth.

I doubt whatever Elektron does will effect the Digitakt in any kind of physical way, or its price for that matter, though who knows these days.

Overbridge obviously would be big for the Digitakt. We’ll see – i would expect a hint in the next few days if it’s on the way. They boosted the price on the DT recently anyways so i’d say the price is set for a while.

Definitely worth waiting the few days – if for nothing else than the fun anticipation.

1 Like

Alex Dasz will be shown too.

There is a kind of boom/bust cycle with Elektron products in the secondhand market. I got my Digitakt for 500 euros when it was buggy and on OS 1.04. Now with the compressor update I could sell it for more than I paid.
I think that’s a small but significant part of why people are so eager to get updates. They see the value of their Elektron box increase with every feature update.

for me, and maybe for many others, i bought the Digitakt just after it launched believing Overbridge would be launched before the end of 2017. OB was a key factor in my purchasing decision.

We are now well into 2018 and it’s been maybe 2 months since any communication for an OB release date. I’ve thought about selling the unit a few times but hold off because I know I will take a big hit on my investment. (i also have some faint hope that Elektron will come through and launch OB soon, which will probably return the value of my investment to where it should be.)

i think 500 euros is a fair price for the features that available now. i would guess a lot of people feel disillusioned with Elektron and would be reluctant to buy a newly launched product from them in the future. Sure the products are good, very good, but if the described feature’s of the new product isn’t delivered at the point-of-sale (or soon after) then why would anyone buy new!

It would appear to me now that Elektron’s products have more popularity as a ‘second-hand purchase’ so now I wonder how this boom/bust cycle will impact Elektron’s business and bottom line in the future?

fingers crossed that Overbridge is launched at Superbooth.

3 Likes

I hope Behringer have their Vocoder VC340 for show on Superbooth, I want one, but I have to hear it first!! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I want one too but without the keyboard

I created a new thread for this. It’s called the U-He CVilization.

This is truly original, and will be interesting to see more about.

1 Like

DSI should be dropping the deets on the new Prophet X. Demo sounds kinda Wavestation-ish despite lack of a joystick.

That Mr Firechild demo for it is so fucking good!

2 Likes

Fingersonic SYNSET– Eight voice six operator FM synth, with 16 step sequencer.

fingersonic-fm-synthesizer

Looks like a Digitone in some ways. Expect it in the Summer.
No Overbridge Included!

1 Like

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::angry::japanese_ogre:

That’s the final straw! I’m booking my flight to Germany right now, and gonna join the pitchfork-and-torch party!!!

Oh wait, diff. comppany. nvm…

3 Likes