STROM for iPad

Yeah I’m a big fan and heavy user too. Strom is definitely a game changer for the AR.

Do you consider including in this update (or in any other future update) the ability to recall tracks/sounds from the saved patterns/kits (four dots at the top) just on highlighted/selected pads (instead of the entire pattern/kit)? It would be really cool :smile_cat:

2 Likes

hey - cheers!

yea good thinking…
so basically what you’re asking for actually makes total sense as the only behaviour, it would be consistent with the rest of the track-related functions.

so… I hadn’t planned modifying the behaviour of the dots, because I’ve actually implemented this functionality in a different, yet unreleased module which is basically the four dots on steroids. this won’t be in the upcoming version, it’s still WIP…

but, I think you’re right and it’s easy to quickly select tracks anyway. So yeah will do.

4 Likes

hi
i am sorry if this has come up somewhere else in this thread but am hoping to soon purchase an audio interface that will give me line into my ipad 4 and also usb to Rytm simultaneously
to use strom as a sample front-end for Rytm
looking at iconnect and duo capture among others
ideally looking for something without need for a powered usb hub
thnx
D

Super! You made my day!

3 Likes

yeah I put this in last night and twiddled around with it. It’s cool but I think I’ll leave the default behaviour the way it is currently - it’s simpler!

But implementing a setting for that right now so you’ll be able to switch functionality any time.

2 Likes

I use the irig pro duo, straight into the lightning port, this is how I get all my samples into the Rytm (via Strom).
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irigproduo/
Not sure if that helps…
Also check this recent thread on iPad interfaces

2 Likes

ok that setting is in…

kind of finalizing this version, any last takers / bugsies…?

2 Likes

It doesn’t work at all at the moment. Hasn’t worked since I purchased the app a few weeks ago, hopefully a fix will be rolled out soon.

1 Like

yep it’s fixed in the next version. Noticed some other broken things as well, music import for example… it’s being overhauled, still not quite done.

2 Likes

I’m interested in the rytm export sample. Let me know when you fix this as I’m likely to purchase it. I guess there’s no way to try the rytm communication and workflow before buying it right?

1 Like

sorry no, no trial version available… however, it’s fairly easy to get a refund from Apple (within a certain time period) if you’re not happy with an app.

Just subscribe to the thread, update out sooner than soon!

3 Likes

I think that’s the case in the EU due to some kind of consumer protection laws there, but I think it’s not quite the case here in the States…dunno, I’ve never tried to get a refund on an app (although there’s a few I should have, Strom not being one of them), I just remember the discussion popping up in the past.

has anyone Strom and the iconnect up and running?

I have an iconnectaudio4+ and strom is connected through the lightning interface to the iconnect.
The analog rytm is connected via USB to the iconnect as HST7…
Strom does not find the AR

fun fact: collider has no problems detecting the AR…
regards
F.

yeah STROM does only connect to Rytm directly.
stay tuned tho

2 Likes

Apple’s refund policy is pretty good.

Cool!
So it means this functionality (switch) is already included in the new version available for download?
(I haven’t updated mine yet - my policy is “as long as everything works, don’t update”)

nope, not released yet!

edit: now released!

3 Likes

Ah, a new version is out :slight_smile:

Do I still have to connect strom and the AR directly or is iconnect now supported :slight_smile:

No matter what your answer is: I do enjoy your software totally…

best
F.

2 Likes

thanks! this version works wireless, but you need to connect your Rytm to a Mac and have SDS Drop running on that acting as a bridge.

So, iConnect still unsupported. But I’ll open connections to arbitrary MIDI devices in the next update.

8 Likes

+1 for Iconnect support! Would love to check out this app but my setup involves IPad/Mac/AR/+more all connected to Iconnect4+. By plugging IPad directly to AR, or AR directly to Mac, I loose other functionality of my setup. Waiting hopefully…