Status Update on Overbridge [posted February 2018]

You probably need a bit more patience and wait for music messe in the begining of April. I am sure they are working hard to get it ready befor this major event.

Cant wait till it will be published and based on my experience with Elektron they will only deliver good stuff and I am happy to pay/wait for development of their products.

1 Like

Just got my DT and realized someone cheated on me with OB!

I‘m realy not claiming a delay! This seems normal due to many things to realize …
What kills me is the fact that i felt like getting a fully working unit!
If they spell words like „seamless computer intergration“ i‘m not questioning if it‘s already working!
Elektron you think you can do it that way without getting into trouble?!

Right now i also realised that i can‘t backup the samples i‘ve been recording with DT! R u f… kidding us!?
You need some help with this or is this just massfooling?

28 days left to return my unit and i will do if there‘s no working OB!

Something‘s wrong with that company!

6 Likes

Yes, can we please get some update? @Olle @Ess

It almost the end of March…

7 Likes

I’d return it immediately - and I share your feelings.

It’s annoying that one has to go digging in forums to find out that false information led you to an errant purchase.

At this point BUYER BEWARE - Overbridge has a real possibility of NEVER happening.*

*my like, opinion man

2 Likes

You can get them very cheap right now as 2nd hand, but do they really work with an actual osx?

can AR MK1 transfer samples in both ways with OB1? :thinking: i remember when a friend mentioned some years ago that AR MK1 will get a proper sample transfer tool, as i shocking realise now, users waiting since years for a function like this and nothing happened … :scream::thinking::face_vomiting::fu:t2:

somehow i also feel like OB and a transfer tool will never happen!
it‘s like shitting users directly into their face and leaving them without any comment …

i feel really sad for guys waiting such a long time!
can‘t imagine how i would feel with a fully loaded +drive and even if i want to sell it i would loose all of my samples!

is there any movement against this?
i‘m sure after so many years there must be a couple of users which are not happy and amused with this kind of cheating …

A post was merged into an existing topic: Digitone is now shipping

O.B. = Oh Balls!

1 Like

Seemless intergration sure is a strange way to describe something that doesnt and (if I am not mistaken) has never worked seemlessly with anything, aspirations should be realised first imo.

5 Likes

Yea i have a digitakt and analog 4 mkii and both boxes advertise the hell out of overbridge as something that’s currently available.

2 Likes

Walk into a music shop and ask salesmen if the Digitakt comes with OB, I’ve done it a few times. Answer is normally “yes when you set it up, just go to Elektrons website and download OB and then you can stream audio into Ableton or any other DAW”…
I find it crazy that Elektron are pushing retail sales relationships (where previously they had much smaller rollouts and sold mainly from their own website) but not training or informing sales outlets the reality of the state of their products!
It’s kind of comical at the moment, having worked in technology sales for years I find it so strange they haven’t communicated the shit show of OB with their resellers.
Lots of salesmen probably copping shit because of bad communication from Elektron

5 Likes

Maybe we can launch an online petition? Elektron should give us an update ASAP and stop this misleading false advertisement of OB and computer integration. I remember there was an online petition regarding Tempest OS development few years ago and it worked out well i think.

1 Like

Except that os development has now ceased. They released the last version.

Didn’t they release one more version of OS after that petition? I might be wrong

1.5.0.2 was the last version.

The icing on the cake is that we have to keep checking this site for an update.

4 Likes

Does anyone have a screen shot of the Digitakt ad with “Overbridge Enabled” on it please. I am making a complaint to the ASA here in the UK as the Swedish authority has not responded. I have the Digitone screen shot to use as an example, but I would prefer the Digitakt as it’s the machine I bought and it’s older.

Also, what were the dates previously published for delivery of OB? I have Feb 2018, Dec 2017, but I believe there was one before that.

Thanks.

1 Like

Sorry, just to be clear I mean this part…

9d66523e1f82c57617d33d99f48f053a8194e9d2_1_690x301

Not the text below in the spec section. Note that I cannot report the packaging to the ASA as they do not cover this, that’s for trading standards here in the UK.

You mean the banner on the Digitakt page here?: https://www.elektron.se/products/digitakt/

Thanks, sometimes I get it…somestimes it’s not there.

The only problem I have is this on the webpage…

“Overbridge for Digitakt will be free of charge, and become available at a later date. Read more on Elektronauts.”

I believe this to be a recent change in language, as it wasn’t there a month or so. Are others able to bear witness to this. If not, there is no point in making the complaint as it’s basically Elektron’s get out of jail free card (and a pretty sneaky way to do business).