Status Update on Overbridge [posted February 2018]

I love my walls of noise and I would not want to change these for the average ableton sh*t everybody seems to be producing these days

3 Likes

You don’t get it, right? Do you see any “Overbridge enabled” stickers on your guitar? No?

Then stop being childish…

3 Likes

how sweet would that be though. that would be cool as fuck. would it be possible to send each dot on a pickup to a separate output? you could do some crazy stuff

3 Likes

We should take bets on how many posts it will be before overbridge is actually released

2 Likes

B6F20458-A626-420F-804F-FB4A79B72392

7 Likes

Beating this one ?

Agreed …
With effort and forward thinking anything is possible…

But workarrounds to negate limits is a compromise.

As much as i enjoy a challenge it gets tiresome planning and bouncing down and resampling to make up for what i thought i purchased…

i do like this bit of kit dont get me wrong…but its like i the friend you take to a party and make excusses and exceptions for their strange behaviour…after a while you start to see the energy and effort that goes into the dynamic and start to question weather its them or the world at large that is the one who needs to reassess what is normal…?

ELEKTRON without OB is like a socialy inept friend that you see potiential in, but all your other friends are like wtf?

This is the least sinister scenario.

You just gave me a work arround for what OB should do, if it did what it promissed…its possible you are making excusses for elektron…and the second more sinister scenario is that you have a mild version of Stockholm syndrome and are making excusses for that which holds you captive…:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

I have the Boss GP10, it’s possible with that. Each string gets its own USB audio channel.

2 Likes

Haha. I just work with what I have now. Patience is a virtue. :wink:

3 Likes

:joy:

3 Likes

Probably a question for a different thread but here goes - I am wondering how you organize your files for pre/post processing. Do they go to different folders with different tags/names?

I’ve loved your videos where you make whole songs from found sounds, but I’ve been afraid to try it myself for fear of creating a mess of files that will take a day to organize once I am done or I will totally forget what they are. I suppose the new file management software helps with this, but I’d still like to avoid excessive time spent in directories.

I don’t make things too complex. I just record everything and give names in a way I know what they are and from when (in the case of found footage). I leave everything in the recording folder until it gets a bit too full and then put everything in the folders in one go. This way I’m done in 10 minutes in stead doing it for each sample directly after recording. As for folder structure: I have a folder for samples from packs and in there I have folders for one shots, synths, kicks, hihats, claps etc. Then there’s a folder ‘found footage’. And a folder ‘Synths’ where I put samples I record from my modular. I try to create easy to use folder structures and not make things too complicated.

Think that best thing is to not worry too much about it and if it ever becomes a bit of a mess just take 15 minutes to structure everything again :slight_smile: Currently have about 30 samples in the recording folder of both my digitakts. When I hit around 50 samples I tend to clean the folder up .
hope this helps and glad you like the videos :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That is the strangest statement I have ever read on elektronauts.

3 Likes

he was trying to empathize in his 2nd language. Saying he understands the frustration.

6 Likes

Before that strikes fear into the hearts of nauts who haven’t read the entire thread, here’s the context: :joy:

7 Likes

Crisis averted

1 Like

For 4 years Elektron developed Overbridge and it still causes major delay problems. I don’t see a bright future, so much time and energy so far. Can it be profitable at all?

Personally i only believe in this concept if Overbridge was based on a standardized protocol for all brands. Now it’s like inventing the wheel over and over again. Elektron is not a big company like Apple, Microsoft, Korg, Roland and Yamaha. Why so naive Elektron?

My only hope for Overbridge would be in a form of a big hardware mix hub. Or collaborate with all DAW brands and Apple & Microsoft. The problem with software is that it will always be too soft to fall apart…

5 Likes

Thank you! That’s a great process. I had tried to set up directories inside the recording folder at one point and it got really confusing. Your method is the way to go.

1 Like

That’s why it’s best to leave statements in the context which they are made. Pulling that quote out the paragraph makes a much different statement than Simon was conveying.

3 Likes

Yep they’ll just put their prices up

2 Likes