Status Update on Overbridge [posted February 2018]

Yep and will potentially sound even better when they release overbridge, providing direct digital streaming, bypassing the current necessary DAC/ADC stage of conversion

2 Likes

That’s what insurance policies are for.

1 Like

True, but if you’re not in a position to drop 2k on an analog synth you’re probably not shopping for insurance either

1 Like

It’s also worth noting that OT’s workflow is not for the feint of heart. Imo that’s the real reason the dt outsells it. It is far more accessible and nothing in its price range also had its feature set.

1 Like

Oh man that’s cruel. I’m hurt
Reminds me of that awesome line in that Knife Party track
‘You blocked me on Facebook, now you’re going to die’ :dagger: :joy:

Been awhile since I plugged the AR straight to my analog mixer… Should check it out again…
I do run an apogee at 96k at all times, so I am used to to that for software sounds and effects processing. I’m one them that definitely claims to hear a difference even without any manipulation… Would love to hear these little digi guys hifi in person to see for myself… Perhaps one day…
You do run OT at 24 bit for recording and flex?

We had a comparison of an audio file and the same on captured through the OT…
Many folks could not tell the difference and guessed wrong and that was sampling from the OT not even just playing it…

I’d love if we had a 96k OT… :smiley: But many folks can’t tell the difference…

2 Likes

That’s only part of my argument though. While it takes a trained ear to notice unmanipulated audio sample rate differences, and especially true on the same playback system you still have two different playback engines, two different effects algorithms, two different d/a converters…

Yeah, I shouldn’t really dig into this too much, I don’t even know why I care… :joy:
Sometimes I just helplessly reply… :rofl:
It’s good enough for jazz…

1 Like

I had them side by side and my modular sounded substantially better on a direct pass through. It’s also well known that the delay and especially reverb on the OT is tired compared to everything that came after it. Keep in mind the A4 came 4 years later. DT 9 years later.

1 Like

It probably does sound better was the first thing I said…

1 Like

I mean i have an armkii a4mkii and dn. I’m good haha

1 Like

OTmk2 should of at least had the latest effects ported over.
The OT reverb is terrible, the A4 reverb sounds really good

3 Likes

Overbridge, Overbrigde, wherefore art thou Overbridge?

4 Likes

Sorry to say, but looks like it’s not going to get released… Vaporware.

Isnt that already released in the rytm mk2? I mean the hardware for it must be in it right?

Comparing with apple was hardly criticized in the past and now we‘re back!

Just because apple and many other companies do it that way doesn‘t mean it‘s ok!

Btw apple is no good willing company and just because of these facts i‘m no apple fan anymore!

BUT apple is fullfilling etas :wink:

Sad sad sad!

1 Like

I never implied it was, or wasn’t.
Simply offering an example of manufacturing high profit, low cost products and how companies utilize that success to fund higher cost, lower profit products. And how instead of a perceived death nell to the more advanced side of the product line, it can help to keep it alive and evolving.

You’re missing the point.

I’ll use another example since the Apple example seems to trip folks up…
At the company I work for, we cure and smoke meats. If we relied entirely on our high dollar products, which take a long time to cure, things like Duck Prosciutto, or Dry Cured Lamb Hams, we’d go out of business. Those products are our pride and joy, but not everyone can afford them. Our smoked sausages require less time and money to produce, and are far more popular. The sale of those lower dollar products helps us expand the high end of our product line, and it allows us to produce other higher end products… more Coppa, Lomo, Guanciale, etc.

3 Likes

Overbridge, Overbridge, wherefore art thou Overbrigde?
Deny thy Machinedrum and refuse thy Octatrack.
Or if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love
And I’ll no longer be Ableton.
‘Tis but thy name that is my enemy:
Thou art thyself, though not an Elektron.
What’s Elektron? It is nor drum machine nor sampler
Nor synth nor fx nor any other part
Belonging to a DJ. O be some other name.
What’s in a name? That which we call a Synthesizer
By any other name would sound as sweet;
So Overbridge would, were he not Overbridge call’d,
Retain that dear perfection which he owes
Without that title. Overbridge, doff thy name,
And for that name, which is no part of thee,
Take all myself.

11 Likes

Hungry now. Thanx.

3 Likes

Welcome to the sausage factory.

2 Likes