Status Update on Overbridge [posted February 2018]

You should get the OT and run that DT up in it you might wet your pants

2 Likes

You sure about that? I could see why that would be true for the delay and reverb, but if you control the fx that are per track I would think that would be recorded per track

I’d rather have just the OT or just the DT at this point. I’ve already got too much gear to keep up with as is, I can’t jump into that level of Elektron madness just yet haha. One Elektron machine at a time for me, pls.

Sure, the overdrive and filter should be able to be recorded per track, but the reverb and delay being send fx will be a sum sent to the main outs… If it works like the current units you’ll be able to remove the track routing from the mains to capture just that fx sum from the main bus, along with the individual tracks…

However currently I’m not seeing a track routing option in the DT manual as the AR has, unless I missed something, so that would have to be added in the OB supporting OS update for this to work…

Hoping for some news on this Electron???

A post was merged into an existing topic: Korg Prologue 8/16 Voice Analog Poly Synth

Hey Elektronauts I got thinking about why it has taken so long to release Overbridge for digistuff and the MK2 line. What if the reason they haven’t released it is because Cenk is hoarding it to have a leg up over competing Djs and marketing firms in Copenhagen. I know it might sound far fetched but Mk ultra and the taco bell conspiracy turned out to be true. any thoughts?

4 Likes

So am I

So am I

Superbooth 03-05 May is probably where they will announce/release it.

My guess is they missed the NAMM 18 because it wasn’t ready to be presented so it got pushed back. By now it is probably ready and sitting in their HQ waiting to be showcased at Superbooth.

What’s there to showcase regarding OB in NAMM or Superbooth anyway? It’s not like we don’t know about it. It should have been out already… It’s either finished or not and it seems like with no updates so far that it just isn’t.

1 Like

Agreed, if this was true they need to just set it free:)

1 Like

guys,

lesson I learned as former Overbridge user :slight_smile:

1.) Don’t wait for over bridge
2.) Don’t buy elektron hardware with DAW integration in mind

Only buy the stuff as standalone devices. Overbridge might come out one day. It might have the promised features. Just don’t take it for granted. With this in mind, you will be fine :slight_smile:

Have a nice day,

P.

9 Likes

I bought my first Elektron the OT 2 to get away from DAWs. I find this thread worrying.

2 Likes

1.) Don’t wait for over bridge
2.) Don’t buy elektron hardware with DAW integration in mind
Only buy the stuff as standalone devices. Overbridge might come out one day. It might have the promised features. Just don’t take it for granted. With this in mind, you will be fine

Sure - but then Elektron needs to stop printing on their boxes that their products support overbridge, and reduce their pricetag, since the product does not not exist or is not available as promised. :slight_smile:

I bought the AR for offline beat creation, but with the expectation that I would be able to connect it to my computer with the promised features of Overbridge- hence I did not mind the pricetag. Anyways, I am actually looking more forward to the dual VCO machine (which was also displayed in one of the Elektron showcase videos) than Overbridge :smile:

8 Likes

What’s worrying - that the OT will not be enough to create full tracks?

Almost 1000 posts now, impressive! Wonder how long the moaning thread over bugs,latency and general OB problems will be, when they finally release it :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

ALL valid points imho. Waiting is a godless state of being, let’s call it opportunity shifting, at least it has some action involved :loopy:

There are some of us who dont really need OB but unfortunately OS updates are tied to it (AR MK1).
I thought OB was cool but not necessary but what would be really great is if I could manage my plus drive.

4 Likes

I feel ya but people desperately need multitrack recording. I couldnt care less about drawing automation in my daw for filtersweeps in my digitakt to be honest, but thats just me. I want multiple tracks so that I can properly mix and finish my stuff in the box and apply some effects.

9 Likes