Status Update on Overbridge [posted February 2018]

I bought my first Elektron the OT 2 to get away from DAWs. I find this thread worrying.

2 Likes

1.) Donā€™t wait for over bridge
2.) Donā€™t buy elektron hardware with DAW integration in mind
Only buy the stuff as standalone devices. Overbridge might come out one day. It might have the promised features. Just donā€™t take it for granted. With this in mind, you will be fine

Sure - but then Elektron needs to stop printing on their boxes that their products support overbridge, and reduce their pricetag, since the product does not not exist or is not available as promised. :slight_smile:

I bought the AR for offline beat creation, but with the expectation that I would be able to connect it to my computer with the promised features of Overbridge- hence I did not mind the pricetag. Anyways, I am actually looking more forward to the dual VCO machine (which was also displayed in one of the Elektron showcase videos) than Overbridge :smile:

8 Likes

Whatā€™s worrying - that the OT will not be enough to create full tracks?

Almost 1000 posts now, impressive! Wonder how long the moaning thread over bugs,latency and general OB problems will be, when they finally release it :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

ALL valid points imho. Waiting is a godless state of being, letā€™s call it opportunity shifting, at least it has some action involved :loopy:

There are some of us who dont really need OB but unfortunately OS updates are tied to it (AR MK1).
I thought OB was cool but not necessary but what would be really great is if I could manage my plus drive.

4 Likes

I feel ya but people desperately need multitrack recording. I couldnt care less about drawing automation in my daw for filtersweeps in my digitakt to be honest, but thats just me. I want multiple tracks so that I can properly mix and finish my stuff in the box and apply some effects.

9 Likes

I just want OB to be released so I can use my ARmkII as a soundcard as itā€™s advertised. It wasnā€™t until I bought it and started using it that it became apparent that this functionality would only be part of OB.

2 Likes

Yeah but most consumers make their purchases off of the promotional material and specifications which not only stated but in fact highlighted seamless daw integration;however they fail to deliver over a year out which is pretty ridiculous. I can understand that maybe itā€™s a cultural thing in Sweden where they like to delay products in hopes of achieving perfection to reach Valhalla, but itā€™s still a lame move by the marketing team. They shouldā€™ve just not advertised it as if it would work out of the box and instead do a surprise release like tesla did with thier autopilot.

2 Likes

Is tomorrow the day?!

2 Likes

They have been pretty quiet for awhile, but my guess is theyā€™re just on vacation :confused:

1 Like

How about a status update guys? Simon? I cannot understand why they continue to choose to lie to new customers and keep loyal customers in the dark.
All I personally need is AR MK1 sample management, donā€™t care either way for OB overall.
Would anyone be willing to sign a petition to release the firmware even though it will break current OB compatibility?
For the record, the petition would only be to show Elektron that we can live without OB for now but would like access to the OS that has been collecting dust for what sounds like months. Though I think people have the right to be upset and demand some sort of action for being lied to, Iā€™m very happy with my machines with the glaring exception of not being able to backup the huge amount of samples I created/loaded with Strom.

1 Like

This is exactly me.

Yeah i think mostly Digitakt users just want to mix down thier music & release it before it becomes retro

7 Likes

Dudeā€¦Superbooth, believe me.

Btw Iā€™m in the same boat as you.

Just be patient, everyone.

Only 10 more months until February!

10 Likes

I hope their plan is not february 29thā€¦ :laughing:

2 Likes

AR MK1 dual VCO is all I want for now. Iā€™ll take a firmware update without OB.

:slight_smile:

hello all

Iā€™m new to Elektron gear and Iā€™ve just received my Analog Four/ Rytm MKII.

Im trying to connect my gear to the Overbridge software as this is how i would like to use the gear with my DAW but i canā€™t seem to connect my stuff to Overbridge. Both of the hardware donā€™t even show up ! anyone can help with this ? sorry but Iā€™m completely new to this stuff!!

Thanks

2 Likes

Sorry to say there is no overbridge available for MK2 yet. Hopefully itā€™ll be out soon. Lotā€™s of treads about this on the forum already.

2 Likes