Status Update on Overbridge [posted February 2018]

is joke

Past experience (OB has been pushed back a couple of times) and the fact that this time there is not even a guesstimated time of arrival in conjunction with the statement that they had/have to rewrite substantial parts. Also, these days it takes Elektron forever to deal with severe bugs that are close to being showstoppers. Itā€™s become a running joke.

6 Likes

I hope it will be before summer, otherwise Iā€™ll start losing trust in Elektron and might not buy the Digitone, which I really crave for, though.
Or wait for a 200ā‚¬ gift coupon give-away-apology from Elektron. :smiley:

2 Likes

Ohā€¦oh, honey

I donā€™t see how this ends well!

1 Like

Yep, thank you, I get your cool dude attitude by being provocative. I am so impressed, you helped me think about my situation and I am now ashamed by my previous comment.

Oh wow, I didnā€™t see that. Care to share a link to that?

Due to land on the 12th of never.

From earlier in the thread

2 Likes

I feel that they promised a two channel audio interface and a way to manage Samples.
Okā€¦ they promised it for Overbridge but they promise Overbridge for Digitakt.

I think the mentioned feautures could be implemented in the firmware without having OB.
Audio -> class compliant
+Drive -> mass storage

At least for me that would make waiting for OB more comfortable

7 Likes

double like!
iā€™m absolutely not getting why theyā€˜re putting their community and lovers under so much stress ā€¦

people just want some basic implements like getting recorded audio stuff off the boxes ā€¦

this would make waiting for promissed OB and other features less painful!!

iā€˜m just waiting for getting my hardly recorded stuff
off DT to sell it and investing it into more modular stuff. with DT i decided for less boxing and more flexibilty and somehow i already lost my trust into a purely elektron wellness ā€¦

i think theyā€˜re under more shit that they can handle, including fantastic hardware issues and on top theyā€™re doin wrong with customer communication.

2 Likes

Oh wowā€¦I just lost hope of hooking my A4 mk2 with Overbridge until summer. No way itā€™s getting out before.

If this was Apple, class action lawsuits would be flying like crazy!

Apple has millions of customers. Isnā€™t really all that great of a comparison. Not to mention all the bull Apple gets away with, and users donā€™t blink an eye.
Elektron is a niche company, it be like having a class action against one of the smaller modular companies. Ultimately there isnā€™t much of a point.

That being said, if the machines are meant to rely on overbridge for essential features. I would hope Elektron is taking this long to ensure those feature work and not delaying because they are foot dragging on doing things.

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing, i need to move on with my life, canā€™t waste time waiting & waiting. We have art to create.

How come the TR8 was able to do multi track streaming out the box?

#JustSaying.

1 Like

Already explained elsewhere on the forum, to stream audio the TR8 has to be used as your audio interface, which is a really poor implementation, especially if youā€™re on Windows where you can only use one audio interface at a time.

1 Like

As it is now, the ā€œstatus updateā€ is a complete bad joke mocking Elektron gear buyers.

My ā€œstatusā€ as someone who has bought an Analog Rythm Mk II in good faith, including heavily(!) advertised Overbridge functionality with a concrete release date (from less than one month before my buy), simply was changed one-sided, within days after buying, to ā€œSorry, you only get part of what we advertised, and even better, we feel the freedom to leave it completely unclear, when that new negative status proclaimed by us might ever change.ā€

So, Elektron practically tells new buyers of their new gear:

• "no, you donā€™t get what was part of the advertised deal,
  • and by the way no, you arenā€™t even worth getting ANY more information as customer.
  • and no, you also donā€™t have to be informed even roughly, how and when we plan to solve big delay problems
  • and yes, we preferred very much not to tell you that during our first big release weeks.
    Isnā€™t it much better doing so AFTER we sold many new devices?" :slight_smile:

Is the Elektron management seriously thinking, that we all will just look slightly surprised for one or two days, and then sit patiently on our hands for weeks or months, and drink some cups of tea untill they finally get the full deal done???

I for one, as buyer of the complete original deal, DEMAND (not: dare to ask!):
Get your communication duties going!
INFORM US USERS IN AN INFORMED WAY about the Overbridge status:

• what exactly are you at Elektron doing to solve that massive buyer letdown, for which you take exclusive responsibility
  • is what you plan to do really enough to grant a FAST solution for the problem or not???
  • if not, what the heck are you waiting for?

This last Elektron Overbridge status message has been utterly unacceptable in the present form and should urgently be updated, if Elektron still has any little bit of respect towards their user base! So far the ā€œstatus updateā€ has been an act of pure impertinence towards Elektron gear buyers from my view, a pure denial of user interest, wrapped in some honey soft, but in fact absolutely meaningless wording!

13 Likes

And you have to use 96kHz for it to work. For some, this is a big deal.

From my pot

WORD!

:microphone:

As good as it feels to vent here, itā€˜s probably a little less pointless to let them know you feel deceived in a ticket. This wonā€˜t change a thing of course, but I find it important to let them know my anger. Mind you I always do it in a civil manner but I think they should understand theyā€˜re jeopardising their customer base here. This is something their management needs to learn and support and refraining from buying more of their instruments are pretty much the only channels we have to get that message across.

3 Likes