Srsly, where is the Ring-Mod Bass Drum?

Cenk/Dataline mentions over a year ago at last year’s Musikmesse (and even demonstrates a functional/working ring-mod kick drum machine!) that there will be a Ring-Mod kick drum for the Analog Rytm.

My question is, why is it taking over a year for its release??? Especially since a functional machine was displayed? It sounds pretty sweet!

Support Ticket?

Not sure if it qualifies as a support ticket. Seems from this video that the Rytm could have been shipped with the Ring-Mod machine… I was under the impression that we’d get it at least within the year. I hope there’s more machines than just that in the works now.

I blame Overbridge, but I can’t help to think that it’s poor form to advertise/demonstrate a feature (Ring-Mod Kick) before release and to not release it by the year’s end, let alone after a year.

Been over a year and no one cares?? No interest in it? I love my Rytm as is but I’d love it even more with the Ring Mod :imp:

I’d also really enjoy the ring mod kick drum and new machines in general. Over a year is a surprisingly long wait and I’m sure everybody is working on Overbridge, but if they had a functional prototype how much effort would it have been to just finish it.

Yes, time is becoming far too long to get some descent updates on the rytm, pretty disappointing :frowning:

[ul]
[li]Ring-Mod Bass/Kick machine still inbound for the Rytm? It’s been over a year since its announcement at last year’s Musikmesse!

[url=“https://www.facebook.com/#”][/li]
[ul]
[li]

[b]Elektron Music Machines[/b] We have to add some more special sauce before release. It’s coming![/li]
[/ul]
[/ul]

Quoted from FB on 18.04.15

They might mean this. Could ruin your encoders.

if it were updates only…

there are features described in the manual they did not implement in 1 year:
Q Start, retrig recording Q Start?
there was another wrongly documented feature, dont remember it now.

another big pain point was that pattern jump mode is barely useable due to midi sync problems. I am not too picky here as most devices have sync issues under certain conditions.

Maybe there will be a big update along with Overbridge support. Would make sense to release it all at once.

Well for anyone who has had an A4 prior to the poly update, they’ll remember what a Whopper update that was. All in one go poly, +drive, new filter… It was huge. Undoubtedly they are planning something similar for Rytm. I imagine it will coincide with overbridge v.1 but not with beta

on the contrary, it makes ‘least’ sense to tinker with the OS whilst trying to shape it and overbridge to play nicely - can’t see anything new in the mix until overbridge is running sweetly

Me too i cant wait to try the new machines. I imagine its coming soon.

Seeing how far off they are with core Overbridge features, I think you’d be dreaming to expect the Ring Mod kick engine with the OB BETA. Maybe in the EU summer when they release 1.0, but I can’t imagine they are assigning any resources to hardware at this stage.

I can see why you want it so bad man !! that seconds long clip of the RM kick in isolation is incredible and sounds like nothing els…

Let us all know what they say when you email support :+1:

Well considering they won’t show the RTYM VSTi interface yet… Possibly there are new features in the rytm they don’t want to let out of the bag yet. Possibly the RYTM OS and Overbridge are more closely tied together than any of us yet realize. Or possibly I’m just dreaming… :sleepy:

:+1:

(= I hope too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

yes u are dreaming… software branches are not tied… software is developed in release branches. they could easily have added the ring mod bd. i assume there is a problem with that machine, somthey omit it for the stable customer build.
lets face the truth. elektron underestimated OB big time. they had and have to learn loads of tech they never dealt with before. OB is a massively complex, its a tough mission. maybe they were too eager: stuff like stable sync over USB… come one, why reinvent the wheel? audio pulse to clock aka innerclock or usamo is how this is done.
i am fine with the wait, i am sure elektrons devs come up with cool solutions.
on the other hand i feel elektron has made some strategic errors:

• novation did it before with total integration. its not a total new concept as some hype media write. OB is not a game changer, therefore consumes too much ressources, i believe
  • they should have assigned more ressources for updates. elektron messed with their image of delivering steady updates. i am sure elektron will but it will take some time to earn back that trust.
  • customer support was suboptimal, i feel loads of our good ideas here never made it to the devs.

sorry for this post, I tried not to post it 5 times already.

But this forum sometimes looks like NI Forum
People complaining of not having a certain gadget on their machine
and on one video someone of the organisation promised it
whine whine.

Fortunately enough people who talk about things they can do with what they have, or help asked to create something they want with the tools they have.

i added my post, not to diss anyone. especially Dtroy makes really nice music. I just think that it doesn’t help to make these kind of posts. It is just spreading negativity, just like high school girls do when one of them is not with them.

The Rytm, for example, is so cool. Indeed, it is slightly limited, but the longer I use it, the more I think I can make a lot of different kinds of sounds with it. My beats have never been this sharp before.