Splice - Sample Pack Recommendations

Hey Guys, So I have a bunch of credits to spend and I thought of asking for some recommendations…
I am looking for some high quality techno / house drums to load on my DT…
Anyone has any memorable Sample Pack you might recommend?

3 Likes

This thread clearly didn’t go anywhere the first time, but I have the same exact query, so I’m going to try to revive it. I would like to burn some credits before cancelling my Splice account.

I’ve grabbed some things that were just ok, so I’m looking for recommendations. For example, I found some “rave” breakbeats that were alright. Some “earthscapes” that were pretty interesting. A friend pointed me at a Mr. Bill drum pack that was also good… I don’t think I have very good aim though, because I’m not feeling most of the samples I’ve been auditioning.

Is there anything you got from Splice that was really good? Or maybe something that was totally bad, but in a memorable way? Maybe something that was at least noteworthy? I’m all ears!

I don’t really care which genre, category, or instrument. I’m mostly interested in hearing what other people thought was interesting!

1 Like

i was supposed to get three months free with my MPC One but bugger me if i can figure out how to actually redeem the code that Akai gave me, or actually download the individual samples so that i’m not bound by the subscription going forward. that aside, all the breakbeat loops kinda sound the same and there are endless different packs to choose from so it’s kind of hard to actually figure out which ones are better than the others, if at all

1 Like

I cancelled my splice a while back as I found it hard to navigate. Recently I discovered ‘audiotent’ and bought a couple of packs of samples on their website. As always I never use 100% of a pack so its not efficient spending so checked if they were on splice and they are!

But yes for techno and progressive house, the audiotent stuff on splice is great. I generally just use samples for percussion, excluding kicks for which I use the kick 2 plugin. They have a really nice selection of loops for tops and good individual hits for hats and snares/claps etc.

3 Likes

So, once again I signed up for Splice because I got a few free months. I’m looking to use up my credits before cancelling, because I don’t really need a long term subscription for this stuff.

Does anyone want to suggest any samples/sample packs they liked on there? I’m interested in pretty much any genre, category, or instrument. I would love to hear what other people found interesting!

1 Like

And here are some I grabbed that were pretty useful:

AZARI Sample Pack
Classic Jungle Breaks by Ned Haweeli
Crowd Atmospheres
Digital Drums
Diligent Drill KPM Melody Kit
Drip Keys V1 Toys Edition
Flutopia Soul Flutes
Jazz Boom Bap feat. Alita Moses
Jazz Flutes
Lotus Blissful Harps & Plucks
Mainroom Techno
Prefuse 73 - Broken Hard Drive Dives
Rave Reimagined by Ahee
Reworked Breaks
Robotaki 01 The Lost Tapes
The Break Down

3 Likes

Yeah, that has some good stuff. I like to get samples of things I can’t do. So horns and strings or drum breaks are my go-to when I want to re-up on samples. Jazz riffs are lots of fun to chop and resequence. If you are still searching, LMK and I can recommend some similar ones.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I’m still searching. I have credits to burn before cancelling, so I’m down to grab some more samples instead of letting the credits go to waste… Free Octatrack food! :))

@lowph

Sunset Reflections - Dusty Jazz Beats
Guillaume Muschalle - Jazz Guitar Musings
Torn Down Post Jazz Boom Bap
Jazz Hop
Resampled Cinematic Soul
Sunshine Vibes

Happy hunting

1 Like

Scott storch pack is dope

1 Like

This one is nice. Kinda reminds me of Kid Loco stuff from the 90s. Thanks for the recs!

It’s nice to ask other people for sample recommendations, because I tend to always gravitate towards the same kind of stuff, so this much different from what’s in my library.

I highly recommend:

Subscribed for 1 month and it’s time limited rather than credits like on splice. I downloaded pretty much everything I wanted from there over the course of a month then canceled my subscription. They have a really nice variety of bread and butter stuff as well as some more creative and interesting material.

I have too many samples now. Need Ableton 12 to come around real quick. 3 days and counting!

3 Likes

I just typed in “how to find the best samples on Splice” in the YouTube app and got some good recommendations.

I’ve had a Splice account for a long time. I use it for vocals, FX and stabs. I just use the most “popular” filter and get great results.

I do buy and source samples from other places too

Interesting. I believe Splice plans come out to $0.10 per sample. If Noiiz is $20 for unlimited downloads, you could potentially turn that to your advantage.

Typically, my issue is that I go into choice paralysis. After auditioning several hundred loops, I lose all perspective of what I would actually use or not use. But if you spaced it out, you could probably load up your hard drive with enough good stuff over the course of a month to last a long, long time

1 Like