Sounds? sound bank?

Hello,

So i’m trying to figure out but having a tough time figuring out what sounds are and what the sound browser is? Are sounds suppose to be your samples or is it something else?

It’s always worth taking a look at the reference manual that Elektron provides online.

In this case, chapter 5 is a useful read. For example:

5.2.3 SOUNDS
A sound is a sample, plus all the audio track settings in the SRC, FLTR, AMP, and LFO PARAMETER pages.

And in chapter 9:

Press [FUNC] + LEVEL to open the SOUND BROWSER. The SOUND BROWSER is used to preview and load sounds. This menu will show a list of all sounds in the +Drive Sound library. Scroll the list by turning the LEVEL knob or by pressing [UP]/[DOWN]. Press [YES] to load a sound. Press the [TRIG] key of the active track to preview the sound.

5 Likes

As Peter said, the Digitakt User Manual is a good place to start. Chapter 9 Patterns, Kits, Sounds, and Samples has the information you are looking for.

3 Likes

I’ve searched all the tutorials and must be missing something obvious. How do I add samples to BANK B-H for use in (func. + soundbrowser)???

BANK A comes with 64 presets, which I like using with the five key chroma function over top of my track sounds.

Samples are stored in various directories in the +Drive sample bank. See chapter 15.2 of the manual.

Sounds are stored in banks A-H in the +Drive sound library. See chapter 9.3 “Sound Manager” of the manual. Use “EXPORT TO HERE” to save an active track Sound to your preferred slot in banks A-H.

1 Like

Sound = what most others call a preset

Sound bank = Preset bank

2 Likes

That Export fuction is exactly what I needed thank you @PeterHanes !

1 Like