Something new

Ha! Right! Yeah, none of those sounds were really suitable for what it ended up being. :smiley:

The two days of ambient drone were definitely building it up to be something else. I suppose it was meant to steer us towards the notion that it was another fx box, but only to be a relief when it was an actual sound source.

It definitely was a teaser in every sense of the word.

I will never trust any clue given in an Elektron teaser ever again.

2 Likes

Meh… “something new”… a drum sampler is “new”? Once Elektron was a visionary company, now they are a marketing (awful) one… Elektron wake up and let’s build eurorack modules or visionary instruments as monomachine and others was! defo disappointed.

Seems like there’s a few parameters on the green screen
I’m out of town on work so I’m out of the loop - have elektron not demoed the sampler machine capabilities ?
Is it a beta product again? (A4, AR being beta for a yr or so)
Don’t know what the point is in doing beta for a year. Oh well I’ll just wait for a year and see how it goes…
Looks nice though

1 Like

@orwell It’s not a functioning unit yet. Software side of it isnt finished so even the bauld Cenk hasnt had a go thus far.

Ah! Tonal is so difficult with that thing. I’m gonna try to send midi notes tonight and see if that works

The shots of the green screen so far shows the filter page that looks exactly like the ARs filter page and a SRC page that looks very similar to the ARs sample page.

Cenk said it will be available around April time.

Simon said in IRC chat last night that some of the fundamental design is based on rytm (not the analog parts).

1 Like

i have a feeling that this is also part of a new update for rytm. more flexible and fast switches here and there.

Hoping the retrig and/or trig page is the same as Rytm, love the retrig with diminishing velocity, pure gold.

4 Likes

Yeah, I just started using that recently.

1 Like

That appears to be the case.

1 Like

Fingers crossed, one never knows what might be butchered from the OS!

I really hope they will add different types of sample machines rather than synth machines. My first reaction was, hmmm I would prefer a percussion synth engine, but this idea of having various types of drumsample machines would be really great and inspiring, modelling older ones, but also some crazy and exotic machines would be very welcome…

1 Like

Do not forget the midi sequencer, you can add your own drumsynth engine of your choice, like the Norddrum 3p and you really have an awesome digital drumsample machine

1 Like

The thought of hooking the DT up to a ND2 caused me to question how much cc control will be available from the sequencer… in addition to the LFO too, and then we think of OT LFO designer…
Oh man

That’s what I am curious about too, we have 8 encoders, 8 CC parameters per miditrack would be enough for me, but the more available the crazier it can get. The same for the LFO, currently 1 per track I think. Seems I can use more, but that’s the same with the Rytm and do I reallly miss them? With parameter locks and the trig conditions you can achieve a lot of crazyness…

But yeah, how far will they go concerning the midi controlling part… I really hope the DT blows me away, because I really like the Norddrum 3p, the 2 combined, gives you a really inspiring playable instrument

1 Like

We can close this now the news is out - head over here to continue the discussion about ‘something new’ …

3 Likes