Some Digitone newbie questions

Hi, I just got my Digitone and am in love with it after three days of tinkering, but still am trying to wrap my head around a couple things. Would someone here have some patience for some quick newbie confirmation questions?

1. My understanding is that the sequencer on the digitone can only support a single note trigger at each time unit. This means, for instance, if I want to trigger two notes to play on the same track 50 miliseconds apart, the only way to do this would be to use two neighboring trigger buttons and then use the microtuning to place them really close to each other- Is that correct? (BTW, I don’t consider this a fault of the device if this is how it works, it makes complete sense for the device to be architected this way)

2. Also, if plug a midi keyboard into the digitone, can I record the sound with the digitone sequencer? The manual doesn’t mention anything about recording midi. If I can record midi, will I be able to go crazy with the pitch wheel or will it be degraded in the recording? (because of the limited trigs as mentioned above)

3. Can I take the final audio generated on the digitone and copy it digitally/losslessly to my pc? Still trying to grok the whole data export process on this device.

Again, these are probably very newbie-ish questions- Thanks for your patience!

About 3: Actually there is no way to digitally stream the audio to the PC. This will be a feature of the upcoming Overbridge software which is not released yet (and no release date given).

Btw: there is no such thing as an audio export (there is no recording within the device). You need to capture the sound as it’s playing (either digitally with Overbridge in the future or by recording the analog outputs from the device).

EDIT: misread

Yes, your midi keyboard can record to the sequencer in live recording mode

thanks for the info!

This may be a silly question, but I can’t seem to find the answer in the manual or online…

With the digitone, do the 4 synth tracks and the 4 midi tracks run simultaneously? Or if I have 1 midi track sequencing an external synth can I then only use 3 of the digitone synth tracks?

TIA

Yes.

Cool, thanks for the quick reply