Slot locking statics

Any of you guys ever slot lock statics at a fairly rapid rate? A project that I’m going to be working on might require this but I was curious if anyone has tried say slot locking at 16th notes, different slot on every step for statics. It should work but not able to test at present, hope someone will confirm it works.

Either way I’ll probably try it when I get time and if nobody has replied by then I’ll reply to myself :crazy_face:

Why no using slices ? Seems way easier, no ?

Otherwise, I would slot lock step 1, copy, paste on step 2 and lock slot 2, copy, etc.

Or find your way with Octaedit :wink:

Oh I will be using slices too, on the statics :wink:

Think megabreak of doom but using statics :rofl:

Yes I plan on picking up Octaedit when it is available and when I get some money :sob:

A few month ago I tested the Megabreak of Doom with statics, 8 sound locks on 1 bar, 8 slices. 80 bpm. No problem.

I plan to use statics too with Megabreak, because it can be RAM consuming !

2 Likes

Just made another test with @wascal original Megabreak : one bar at 160 bpm, 16 soundlocks, 64 slices.
Couldn’t hear the difference between statics and flex, even with PIPO loop, short LEN, PITCH +12, RATE -63. :thup:
Original CF card.

Edit, seems to work even with 8 tracks with this Megabreak, reading different slices on the card (different slice scenes plock for each track)
:thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup:

3 Likes

Thanks @sezare56 for testing, I thought it would be fine but good to have confirmation :thup:

1 Like

I hope it works with long files too. Still don’t know Static’s limits…:sketchy:
I’m busy recording OT’s metronome for a french science lab. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No worries man, I will most likely be using fairly short <1 minute files, but I might make some experiments with longer stuff when time permits.

1 Like

Not directly related … May be worth looking at this …

3 Likes

Interesting - I don’t see why slice points can’t be given priority like start and loop points though, given that once set they are a known value, I’d quite happily lose a few mb of ram to add a little extra cache if required. :thinking:

1 Like