Shure to discontinue making cartridges this summer

Shurely you can’t be serious?

6 Likes

Hopefully someone else makes compatable needles…ive got 5 decks all with shure carts.

Meanwhile, in the world of vinyl record sales…

1 Like

40 quid is nothing when they sell for 80 quid discontinued. Stock up while you can.

1 Like

Grado DJI entry level goes for 100US. What else is comparable?

I’d be moving on at that point but yeah I’ll grab a couple of pairs.

Strange decision given the continuous yearly growth of vinyl sales over the last 15 years…

A pity as I used M-447s for years and still have one as a backup to my nagaoka mp-100. They are reasonably good sounding and very durable. Not to mention good value.

What a shame

It a shame but then again I’m an ortofon fan myself…
luckily for us all, there’s still a relatively healthy market for DJ carts, still several manufs in the game

1 Like

Thought exactly this, weird. I guess people are buying the vinyl and not the needles :thinking: I’m gonna assume it’s cause a large part of the crowd boosting vinyl sales are playing it on urban outfitters USB turntables with stock carts

1 Like

Extremely serious, and don’t call me Shurely.

1 Like

But stock carts are nails on the chalkboard. You can say “The Who” sucks on stock carts, but on a good one realise they are an amazing band.

I ordered 4 more replacement stlyuses for my 44-7. This is pretty lame-sauce for scratch DJs because the 44-7 is the gold standard for scratching.

Who knows they might all of a sudden announce a new cartridge for scratch / club DJs.

The market is still there. I still use their entry level m97xe audiophile cartridge and it’s lasted 10 years. I bought it for 58 dollars at the time and now I see it in the 90 dollar range. If it breaks I will probably get a grado cartridge next.

This is bad news. I use M44-7 myself but mostly for Serato DJ these days.
Do you guys use real vinyl or DVS?
I think something like Phase DVS will be probably my next upgrade.

1 Like

Both. just ordered 3 shures lol

I ordered 4 needles and thinking about another (third) cartridge.

1 Like

Feel like I need more though.

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: New! JoMoX Alpha Base Analog Drum Synthesizer

I also got 4 of them. Not sure if I’ll need them though as I plan on upgrading to a DVS mixer + Phase which looks amazing.

Stocks seem to be running low already.

1 Like

Similar here :slight_smile:

2 Likes