Should I get a Digitone or Micromonsta to pair w/ my Digitakt?

Yeah its just not a useful way to express your opinion, just self serving. Like if you went into detail on why it you don’t like it then other people could use that information and apply it to there work and make a more informed decision. Not that you have to explain yourself or what you say has to be useful to others, it is just nice if it is. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

There are a lot of options in your price range , are you using a mixer or limited to ins / outs of digitakt or new gear ?

Old gear ( jv1080 , emu orbit , analog4 ) new gear like digitone and micromonster, circuit , sh01a ( I like mine ) , or multiple cheaper gear ( preenfm, ? )

And depends on workflow , if you plan to only sequence from digitakt or take advantage of equipment with built in sequencing.

Personally I wasn’t too amazed by blofeld , interface wasn’t very intuitive and it seemed to be fairly traditional synth ( pads , bass , filter sweeps) but both analog 4 and digitone can be a little more weird when using their own sequencer.

If you buy 2nd hand digitone i would think it’s easier to sell more quickly , if you lost a little just think of it as rental fee.

Well I love my sh-01a. Love the poly, love high freq lfo. Love being able to save sequences. Owned the original. HreT great synth upgraded and shoehorned into a tb-303 size.

2 Likes

Well… given the huge number of parameters this synth has and the very low knob count… sure it’s not the most intuitive synth there is. But it’s really not that hard to use.

As for the “traditional” synth, I can’t think of any other synth with such features (huge number of sources and modulations). Also, which synth has the ability to use samples as oscillators ? Not even the mighty Virus.

Choose a synth with plenty of dedicated knobs, sliders and buttons then. The Novation KS series sound great, have simple yet versatile architecture and are dirt cheap these days. Also, features not found on the micromonsta: 4 part multitimbral, 16 voices.