Shifting notes/poly rhythm on AR

Hi there,
Was doing some pattern programming and wanted to do different track lengths within a one bar pattern.
I know to make the settings per track like 6/16 or 14/16 but that’s only making it shorter.
I would like to shift, an odd scale like 15 steps or so.
Like step 1,5 to 2,6 to 3,7 … each bar different.
A little help please to send me in the right direction.
I’m not pointing to the conditional triggers like percentage intervals.

this might help

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.
Seems like you have to program it all.
That’s a pity, hoped for an “easy” way to make this happen.
In my modular setup you can do these odd things on the fly.
Thanks anyway.

To Elektron: maybe in a future update? :wink:

you can set individual lengths for all tracks and the master reset independently and on the fly

you do have to stick with 1 to x for each track though

you can however nudge each track independently any amount of single steps forwards or backwards

so if you must loop steps 2>6, set the track to 5 steps log and nudge it one to the left which will move 2 to position 1

to get individual track lengths you need to go into the advanced parts of the pattern length options

Thank you but that was already clear.

unlike your request, from my perspective, enjoy

Are you asking how to have the sequencer have different step counts on each page of a pattern, like 5 steps on page 1, 6 steps on page 2, 7 steps on page 3?

If so, the Elektron sequencers do not do that. You would either have to chain patterns of different lengths or combine the 5+6+7 steps into an 18 step pattern comprising 16 steps on page 1 and 2 steps on page 2. For the latter, set step length to 18 and total length to 32.

Thanks again.
Now I can give it a place that it can’t be done the way I want :slight_smile:

I manage to set different lengths per track in advanced mode but they all reset at step 1. So when making a 16 step pattern and setting one track to 15/16 steps it doesn’t go to step 1 after step 15 like I wanted but after step 16, so the last step will be treated like a rest instead of a skip.
When I use my modular sequencers they can do that and give an endless variation in steptiming.

In the SCALE menu, Advanced Mode, in the MASTER column, set LEN to “INF”.

2 Likes

What @PeterHanes said :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think things work out fine now.
Have to get used to the AR.
Thanks for the input.

1 Like