Set Up

Hi i have a idea to set up. It means Analog Rytm, Analog Four and Mother 32. But i dont have a hardware compresor. Do it wrong if i connect mother 32 (bass) to analog four and next all of analog four to input in rytm and from rytm to the speaker. Then can i use compreosr from rytm like master compresor?

1 Like

Trial & error is the main process in music creation , new ideas can result in new music

1 Like

Or just noise !

Trial and Terror

4 Likes

Yes, it works as you described it. I use A4 into AR, and several things into A4…

ok. thanks for information

What you describe seems to resemble my setup in a sense. AK -> A4 -> AR. I gainstage the Rytm so that it doesn’t sound louder than the others (the input of AR is on the “quiet” side). Then I use the compressor to bring the level of everything back to -6 db approx. If your gainstaging is right, you will not need to set the makeup gain more than 25. With some practice and good sound design you may get it even lower. (lower makeup gain = less compressed noise in the output).

I can confirm that. If I keep the Rytm track-levels around 100 and compensate for overdrive-level-rise I even rarely use any make up gain.

It´s a pretty powerful setup without the need for external mixer. And since the compressor-settings are per kit, its really versatile… :point_up_2: