Set Start Point In Front of Loop Point?

Not sure if i am missing something here but it seems impossible to set the Start point of a loop in before the Loop point. Hoping this is just user incompetence. Currently my only idea as to a workaround is slightly individually nudge the track forwards in time using Function Arrow whilst playing … and then resample it.

Would prefer to do it via the Audio Editor Trim window and save the setting, have the audio loop start playing slightly after the very start of the audio clip file, but when the clip loops around, have the loop go back to the very start of the clip - this would require having the Loop point at the very start of the audio clip.

If the Start point is slightly after the start of the clip, then it currently seems impossible to then set the Loop point at the start of the clips - as the Audio Editor Trim window does not seem to allow the placement of the Loop marker behind the Start marker.

Adjusting the Start marker push/pulls the Loop (if active) and End markers. So the Loop marker wants to exist between the Start and End markers; and the End marker wants to be greater then the Start marker. If only there was a cool way to set them explicitly ignoring the bounds…

Note to self: Stuff. Things.

4 Likes

This may help - if I understand correctly. (See “added benefits”)

3 Likes

Clancy’s post gave me the idea to not use a loop point and instead trig the sample from a start point (flex main strt parameter, slic off) set it to loop and use a one-shot or a 1rst condition to launch it.
This way it starts from somewhere in the sample defined by start point, and then loops the whole sample after that.
If start points don’t have enough resolution you could use slice mode and define the beginning of the start slice in the editor…

2 Likes

Slices have their own loop points, so I’m not sure this would work…

Yeah, I think the start point should work…

It seems maybe with flex setup Len set to Slic, and flex main Len set to highest value, no loop point in slice, might work? Or maybe it’ll just loop from the selected start slice even though it was a one-shot?

If so then there should be something you can do like making 2 slices, slice 1 being the first part of the sample, slice 2 where you want to trig it from.
Trig slice 2 with a 1rst condition, and when the sample reaches the end have a trig(1rst con) triging slice one, with Len set to Slic and Len parameter at least 2, sample set to loop…
Or something like that, I bet there’s a way…

It’s not a lab week for me so I can’t test, I guess I’ll stick to suggesting what I know works if I can’t verify, but I think one of those methods might work or work with a few adjustments…

1 Like