Sequence PLocked Sounds in Grid mode with external sequencer

Hi, so, curious:
I built a project of percussion sounds and laid out various sounds on each Trig in Grid Recording mode on Track 1.
Now, when i plug in my external sequencer, it only plays the chromatic sound in the pattern on Track 1
(which I did not program). My external sequencer doesn’t play the sounds I locked to each trig.
How can i use my external sequencer to play the trigs in Grid mode without it playing the Sound in chromatic mode at the same time.
I tried just sending it gates/triggers only, but the chromatic mode Sound played then too.
Is this possible?

Cheers

bump for ideas ?:brain:

Not possible.

The trigs placed in grid recording mode are only for the internal sequencer. I’m guessing you want to use it as a kind of drum kit, like (I think?) on the AK/A4? It’s currently not possible to map a different sound to each incoming note.

Thanks for the info. Yeah, was trying to use grid mode whilst sequencing with my eurorack CV2Midi… would be cool if grid mode with all those drum hits responded to midi ch 10, ie drum channel.
cheers

Maybe have each drum hit as step 1 in multiple patterns and use program change ( or bank change , I forget ) to shuffle around.
Each pattern should be 1 step long or whatever short sequences you want to play