Science Lab Challenge, February 2015

Hi there,

Great contest and congrats for everyone!

That’s a pity that I didn’t have a chance to take a part of it, because I’m the owner of AK only…

Maybe it’s a good idea to make also a synth competition, huh ?
What do you think ?

nice one here!

but did I understand correctly, when you created it… it took you 30 minutes?
many actions here to create the sounds…

Wow, nice video Zillamatic! Thank you for the insight. Had to “steal” the Bass idea with the three performance pads today. I mean, I had to try it out. So much fun! Thanks again, and have fun with the KEYS! It´s a marvellous synth!

Nice video Zillamatic. And congrats again with a well deserved AK.

Anyone know how often they will be doing these? Had tons of fun with it

Thanks, Zillmatic! Your video and track are unbelievably helpful and inspiring!

Why the red tape?

I only just heard this today, been busy so ignored the comp and all entries, but this sounds like a well deserved winner. Respect, kudos and congratulations. Enjoy the Analog Keys, you deserve it.

Thank you for making this, very informative and I’m sure very helpful for an aweful lot of people.

Just one question, why the red tape?

I wanted to customise my machines a bit, and like to colour code my cables + PSU so they don’t get mixed up with my other Elektron boxes. The other one in the dual stand I use has blue tape on it.

The sides of the machine are completely stickerbombed too, you can’t see it in this video!

Covering up branding was a “trick” folks used to use in the 90s a lot, to keep the competition from running out and buying the same gear. I used to see it a lot on keyboards and drum machines but it faded out when software synths got popular. I must admit, I’ve never seen it on an elektron before! :slight_smile:

Yeah, I guess hiding the branding is silly when the Elektron machines are so distinctive anyway :wink:

A lot of musicians will hide brands of instruments/equipment even clothing from companies that do not currently sponser them. Makes sense especially when you are being sponsored by one company to not to promote other companies for free.

Sure savvy viewers could still figure out your kit but the point is not to be promoting without compensation.

For amateurs like me none of this matters.

A lot of musicians will hide brands of instruments/equipment even clothing from companies that do not currently sponser them. Makes sense especially when you are being sponsored by one company to not to promote other companies for free.
[/quote]
Quite true. I can think of one band specifically who covered up everything BUT their roland gear for this very reason.

Hey everyone, some Elektronauts have organised a community Mission, if you enjoyed this Science Lab Challenge. Obviously there is no prize but if you fancy digging deeper into your machines with another challenge, go to this thread:

Just got an OT. Would love to have a go at one of these little comps as a learning curve exercise kind of thing. Anyone know if there’s another one happening soon?

Hey Callofthevoid !

Abhoth said he would set the next Mission at the end of the summer.
In the meantime, you may submit a track for previous missions, while respecting their rules. I found that focussing on three tracks max to compose a song was a very creative constraint.

You won’t win anything but gaining some knowledge on your new instrument.

Hey! Cool, sounds like a fun way to get further inside the OT work flow, I’ll try to work on one of the previous missions, some more OT knowledge is prize enough :wink:

Does anyone still have the original sample provided by Elektron? I’d like to give this a go on my Rytm

OP Link above fixed !

Files all changed when we migrated to the new forum platform

1 Like

Thanks dude!

2 Likes