Saving sample settings

Hi all!

I have got the OT for almost a year now and I often start to get a groove with this unit, that I later record to the computer to arrange and build around. It’s a brilliant piece of gear, but I have not explored much of the management system or sampling capabilities yet.

I like to sequence sliced beats with pipo looping, but find it a very time consuming process. Is there a way I could go through my breaks and set slices, looping points and tempo so that it is stored and can be open from any project?

Yes you can store sample settings Audio Editor FIle’s menu.
Double click on the track, FN + Bank (Edit) > FIle > Save Sample Settings.

It saves settings in a file you can see on the card, with the same name as the sample :
sample.wav
sample.ot

Saved settings are those you can find in Octachainer OT attributes.
Thanks to Abhoth for his helpfull app !

4 Likes

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Welcome in a new slice world ! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Cool!
I just rewatched this:

I don’t have an OT anymore, but I do have an AR. I want to do what he explains about from 4.30, but AR don’t have slice mode, so what’s easiest way to this?
1 Like

Math.

Take n number of samples, and join together. Common terminology is called a [Sample Chain]

You can either have them merged (i.e. end to end) and use slice points if the hardware supports it (e.g. Octatrack); or have them spaced based on the longest sample (e.g. Analog Rytm); and thus use math to figure out the split point.

Analog Rytm has [Start] and [End] parameters for Sample. So to play sample N based on X number of samples; refer to below table. e.g.

Sample Chain has 4 samples, then start [ Start | End ] would be:

• 000-029 Sample 1
  • 030-059 Sample 2
  • 060-089 Sample 3
  • 090-119 Sample 4

RytmSlices

1 Like

You have to explain that to me. I’m a bit slow.

So am I.

Aah cool, so I was maybe a bit too fast to answer hehe.
Okay thanks, I get it now. It’s actually quite simple :slight_smile: And I guess that it might be easier or just as easy for me to create the sample chain inside of Ableton than using that app :thinking: