Sampling the Digitakt. Literally!

Hey fellow Elektronauts,

Thought I’d share another video. In this video I sample the Digitakt literally. As in, I hit it, pet it, smash it, rub it, etc. record that into itself, and create a track from it. Digitakt might be my best purchase ever. Such a great little machine :slight_smile:

Hope you enjoy, and please leave a like on youtube if you do, share on your socials, and if you want to subscribe click http://bit.do/subscribe-to-dave

Cheers!

30 Likes

Sorry Dave, i´m going offtopic, but you might be interested in this one also:

making Music with NO samples loaded from external.
only sample the input noise with no signal connected

You´ve donne nicely !
it shows what the DT is about.

how about to make a track and a video on the “NO samples from external at all” thing ?

great job dave. quality content

2 Likes

Thanks! The positive reactions are really motivating me to create more in the future :slight_smile:

That SC track made with noise is really nice. I have a lot of new ideas for videos so probably won’t make such a video, but who knows in the future :slight_smile:

Ai, that really has me thinking about selling my OT for a DT…theres that process…but also that sound…things just sound finished…

1 Like

Good job, Dave!

1 Like

Thanks @AdamJay ! :slight_smile:
@Grim_Erland well to be fair: It took me quite some sound shaping to get it to sound right within the DT ;). Used a hint of EQ and compression on the master as well, because it’s a downloadable track as well.

Not sure if things automatically sound better on DT. I think the OT should be able to achieve the same. It’s way more complex and tiny changes can add up to a better sound (starting with proper gain staging). I’m actually thinking of trading one of my DT’s for a OTmkii down the road.

I came into this thread thinking you were actually eating a Digitakt! Then I saw the first frame of the video shows you holding chopsticks and case closed… you’re eating a Digitakt

3 Likes

Haha :slight_smile:
It’s a drumstick (and not the chicken kind) :wink:

1 Like

Ahh so the ice cream kind :wink:

Really shows that any sample can be manipulated into music really. One of the nice things about Elektron samplers 4 sure

2 Likes

I see, Ive listened to it again and was starting to wonder if it might be more produced - tricked a little by the video maybe - but I really do feel like many DT videos where things are fed right in and then sequenced do exhibit a very good sound. A kind of boyancy…anyway - great work!

1 Like

Nice video skills!

1 Like

Yeah it does have a great sound. It has a very subtle boost in a higher frequency band, and maybe the stereo to mono summing does have something to do with it. Working with mono samples makes productions a little more focused as well. I love to keep most of my tracks mono-ish and create space by subtle stereo imaging and picking specific sounds to be more present in width by lfoing the pan or use of subtle ping pong delay.

Thanks for listening and watching really appreciate it .

@Unifono Thanks !! Still learning the ropes, it’s a lot of fun :slight_smile:

AV skills to pay the billz. Seriously though, excellent work all around.

1 Like

Maybe some day :smile:
Thanks Bwax!

1 Like

@DaveMech featured on SonicState today bigupyaself bruv :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Yeah! :slight_smile: Very cool of them to shared it.

1 Like