Sample transfer - a quick way?

I vote for this. Best of both worlds.

Nah, the more I think about it - probably best to revoke and start with a better 1.0 to begin with.

Larger samples (2 seconds and larger) is primarily what I’ll use it for.

yeah - it’s annoying when that bug happens then (sample is still transferred and loaded to project, only the kit isn’t tweaked)…

ok so probably going to wait until tomorrow - other work to do now - then resubmit the app. need to make a cleaner demo video too… :slight_smile:

1 Like

[quote="“AdamJay”"]

I vote for this. Best of both worlds.

Nah, the more I think about it - probably best to revoke and start with a better 1.0 to begin with.

Larger samples (2 seconds and larger) is primarily what I’ll use it for.[/quote]
Yep, I second this. We can wait. This is going to be great to have, thanks for cooking it up?

Have you decided on a price yet?

+1 for pulling it out and reuploading

:+1: :slight_smile:

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

done, pulled and resubmitted.

1 Like

yea… I want all of you to use it, this will be 9.99$ well spent.

yea… I want all of you to use it, this will be 9.99$ well spent.[/quote]
happy to spend 10 on this!!

Indeed, more than fair.

voidrevoke the submitted app, and post the fixed thing now. then the review process starts again (we are where we were last Saturday).

imho, I would do that course of action. Not everyone will actually read what you wrote, or pay it any heed. And you know how people can be. / 2c’s

Edit: Didn’t see there was another page… I need more coffee :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

everyone, always needs more coffee :slight_smile:

here’s a 30 second 48/16 audio file (440 Hz sine):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50830178/30sec.wav

how long does a transfer take on your machines with c6?

SDS Drop does it in 2 minutes give or take. wouldn’t call it lightning-fast, but…

1 Like

I made some wav’es too, altough quite short for testing the speeds :slight_smile:

http://mitat.tuu.fi/?p=443

– 2 points (aka samples) 44100Hz stereo.wav (meaning the signal goes from low to high)
– 4 points (aka samples) 44100Hz stereo.wav (low, high, low, high)
– 440hz square 1 cycle.wav (tiniest 440hz square wave WAV file that you can generate)
– 440hz square 10 cycles.wav (similar to previous but repeats 10 times)
– 44100Hz stereo no data.wav (do data at all, no samples, basically only the WAV header)

1 cycle square wave … Now you have an square wave oscillator for every track on AR :slight_smile:

1 Like

just tried these - with samples like these, speed is negligible. it’s pretty much instantaneous.
in fact, these samples are so short that the AR doesn’t play them properly. the only sample which plays normally is the 10-cycle one. I mean it plays all of them, but it doesn’t loop the cycle right. tweaking the sample tuning results in something like oscillator hard-sync :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
(c6 fails transmitting the 1-point sample.)

as for speed, I noticed that the transfer speed can vary quite a bit depending on the AR’s mood. last night, using SDS drop, it took 2 minutes for transferring 30 seconds of 48kHz/16bit mono audio, today it was more around 1:30 minutes. c6 takes twice as long, not sure why.

1 Like

It’s so that people have ample time to log onto Elektronauts and complain about the RYTM sample transfer/management. :wink:

App Store review process went real fast this time.

should be up soon, definitely tonight.

edit: we’re live, new thread: SDS Drop for Mac - Better Sample Upload

1 Like

Paid it, played it and I’m really satisfied! Brings rytm sample handling to a totally new level. Just like I imagined it!

Good work void!

So yearly but feature request: transfer queue! One can drop samples to different pads and do something else while loading and then test the all new samples!

thanks, glad you like it. :slight_smile:

yea batch upload needs to be in there.
Currently implementing download support - drag URLs from your browser, it downloads files, then transfers :alien:

Just adding to a thread rather than starting a new one. But here’s a small box I would buy from Elektron: a kind of, small recorder/transfer box. It could have 2 or 4 inputs, a screen and a few buttons, and a USB. This is really to make up for the RYTM’s computer-only transfer method.

You could plug in the A4 (or anything for that matter), hit record, trim the sample, bake, store, and send to RYTM.

Of course it would be awesome if the RYTM did this out of the box but since it doesn’t, a computer less option like this would be awesome. Maybe it could even have an SD slot, or USB in also, to read external recorders and other drives you have lying around.

Anyway, a fantasy.

I think I heard someone say that box is the machinedrum. IE: you can send a file from the MD via sysex. I don’t have one anymore but it sure caught my attention.

2 Likes

Just read through pretty much the whole thread. What a find.
Thank you Void : )

1 Like