Rytm & Strom - Does anyone know if Strom is compatible with iOS 10?

Hello everyone!

Longtime lurker, first time poster. I searched a few threads, but I’m not finding anything that addresses my specific problem. Some quick context: I downloaded Strom and Collider a couple weeks ago, but only got an opportunity to start messing with it this past weekend. Collider is only $5 and works great, really cool for randomization on sounds and patterns. Strom is a quite a bit more expensive, and right now I’m not so sure it’s really worth the extra $25, as the sampling isn’t really working as intended.

My problem is this - when recording with Strom, the record function will work exactly one time and one time only. Subsequent tries to not record any audio. I have to exit out of the app completely before it will record another soundbite. I’ve tried everything I can think of, but the help file that comes with the app is broken so I’m not sure if I’m doing something incorrectly. There is no online support, and the website for the app just links to a Twitter account. I emailed the developer several days ago but have yet to hear anything back.

I’m wondering if this could just be a bug in compatibility with iOS10? I don’t mind downgrading if I have to, but it would be nice to know for sure before going through the hassle. Any ideas or suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong, things to try, or knowledge of support in iOS?

I originally asked this question over at the r/synthesizers subreddit, but was directed here to get better advice. Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: STROM for iPad

A post was merged into an existing topic: Strom is available NOW!