RYTM scene mode

Hello, I’m a proud owner of an Analog Rytm since last week. I like it a lot and I’ve spend most of my evenings with it and I think I want to try to set up a new live set with it. But there is one thing about the scenes mode I cant figure out. Every time I make a scene and then activate or deactivate it I hear a sound of an other track. So lets say I make a scene on the pad of the BD it will do all changes I edited in the scene but when I activate it I hear another pad (in my case the pad above that and thats a bass sound)

What am I doing wrong? I read the manual over and over and watched some tutorials about scenes, it never occured in those vids…

Thanks for the help!

Hey @YloopZ

Scenes and Perf macros are not bound to the sound of the pad.
You can copy and paste a scene on the next pad, the two will have the same effect.

To understand the Scene, the easy one is to get a low-pass filter on snare + hi-hat for instance.

You edit one Scene with fn+pad
Then you select the snare track (track+pad 2)
Go to the filter page, press the Scene pad and set it to half
Select the HH track (track + pad 11)
Go to the filter page, set your p-lock while pressing the Scene pad.

You’re done : now each time you activate the scene, all tracks keep running + snare & hhat get the filter parameters you set for the scene.
Deactivate, you get your values back.

This + the performance are one of the most powerful sides of the AR in my opinion. They replace OT crossfader.
And you can activate a Scene to get special parameters (e.g activate delay on some tracks), and play with the Performance on it (filter freq for instance).

3 Likes

Hé thanks a lot for the thinking Lying Dalai,

I know how scenes work and tried again today, again with the manual and with your explanation, but there is still that ‘bug’… I call it a bug because it occurs at every track where I try to make scenes. And its always the same sound, even when its another kit… I think I will do the OS update again tomorow, who knows…

My live set is evolving fast and making scenes wil come in handy now…

Thanks again for helping me!

I’m not too sure I understand your issue. Maybe you could explain a bit more (a video would be best, if possible). I just recently got the hang of scenes. If your current pattern has any trigs for the BT 5 then you will hear that track. Scenes only change the parameters you’ve set. Scenes do not correspond to playing/muting certain tracks (unless you change the volume parameter of a track). So when you hit a scene you should expect to continue to hear your pattern play as normal but with any parameters changed to the settings you’ve specified.

Hope this makes sense. Scenes were a little confusing for me to get the hang of but once you understand it it’s pretty intuitive.

Hey, I’m bumping this because I’m having the exact same issue. I’m using a new Mk2. This only happens in a specific proyect. Whenever I hit a pad in scene mode (being it for activating or deactivating) the scenes work normally, but sometimes one of the pads gets played, too, in its specific track. Even with no scenes configured, when going from a blank one to another the pad gets triggered. It doesn’t sound if I mute the corresponding track. The pad plays a sample I recorded internally, the funny part is every trig is plocked so I only hear that specific sound when having the scene mode pad issue. Is this a bug? I’ve looked at everything i can think and no luck.

As a last idea, is there any way of exporting the whole kit+samples+fx to a new proyect so i can then copy paste the patterns in order to have a “new copy” of the same project and see if that solves the issue?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

IMO I’d take a video with ur phone and raise a support ticket.