Rytm OS 1.32 speculation

Thats exactly what I meant.
And so you can understand what I meant by “investment”; Im referring to the limited funds I have to spend on gear, not my musical limitations nor my ammount of creativity
Now after having made the poor investment of time defending my opinion, I’m going to learn from my mistake of mentioning anything at all and instead go make music.

The time you invested led to making music: seems like a smart investment, imo :grinning:

I’m not happy about the improved pads myself…feel it’s different than adding an AD and balanced inputs in order to sample…but seems no one else agrees, so yeah, I’m just keeping quiet and learn from my purchase mistakes.

I also do not see any usage for the input jacks so far. I would like to know from elektron a use case ? does one of you here have one ?

I find it perfectly usable if you mix the AR itself around whatever it is coming in (usually means quite “cold”) and hitting the compressor in a way that will glue them all together.

1 Like

Im a mkI user too, and collect € 1000 to get a used one was not easy at all, I do not care about resampling, better pads, input level etc. etc, nothing that can not be remedied with some expedient I am aware of having a powerful and fun tool in my hands and I hope I will never have to sell it. Returning to OS 1.32 I hope there is a function that tells how much free space remains on the + drive :nerd_face:

1 Like

this? (I believe he meant individual output)

Since the AR MK1 can output digital audio over USB (via Overbridge), there must be AD converters in the machine so some basic sampling internally or from the audio input should be possible?

There’s no AD on the input, just the sum of the input along with everything else at the main outs

discussed extensively elsewhere

3 Likes

Ah ok, no big deal to me as it’s very simple to sample anything with a computer… and software-based samplers and sample editors are beyond comparison to any hardware… which is why I wish the AR MK2 would not have to bump up its cost with the sampling. I guess Elektron is aiming at “prosumers” who want sampling and live performance without computers but this seems to be a rather small niche. I have not seen an electronic music live set without a computer involved since the 90s (in an actual live venue, not youtube) . Even many (most?) DJs these days have a laptop next to the mixer. Sorry, off topic…

Small but very very loud.

Direct sampling has been a top feature request for Rytm , here, for years.

Filling niches are exactly what MKII releases aim to do. Expand the current feature set but keep product continuity intact. Appeal to new customers without alienating the existings.

Computers should remain in the studio

a matter of ignorance on my part then. id guess that wishing for a “one shot” setting, having the sequencer going for whatever bars the pattern has (not looping) is wishing for something that is already possible?

I agree but it depends on what you’re aiming for in a live performance. Replacing computers with hardware is not smart unless you’re really getting paid a lot of money for your show (and all the hardware you’d need to get quality sound). I’m not really into remixing/sampling and since the AR’s sample manipulation is pretty basic and the sound quality of the pitch shift/ timestretch is on the weak side judging from the OTMK2, I’m not interested. I mean, correct me if I’m wrong but you can’t sample the ARMK2 's output (or input) while the sequencer is playing and then immediately have that sample auto-cropped, sliced and available for triggering without stopping the beat, so I don’t see the point.

I think that may be possible, look in the manual, at the options available in the Scale page. Not sure if it would work with external clock sync . There is at least one workaround, which is to send a program change to switch to an empty pattern.

i think it was to fool idiots like me who bought without reading the manual and assumed the input had the same capabilities as the Machinedrum for live sampling. To leave it out from just the Rytm MK1 is shady in my book.

The Rytm input is like an emergency input, “Oh shit I don’t have any more inputs…” “Oh yeah that one I never use on the Rytm…” :wink:

I keep meaning to send something through it because after all it does access an analog compressor, but I’ve yet to do so…

1 Like

I’m not even sure mine is an input!
It could lead to Narnia for all I know…

2 Likes

@Elektron any update? it’s been almost half a year already…

1 Like

I wish for independent envelopes for machines AND samples as opposed to just 1 envelope for both

Both Synth and Sample have a LEVEL parameter to give you independent control pre-VCA, as there is only a single VCA per voice.

Amp controls both because both are fed into the mono amp.

49 PM

00 PM

2 Likes