Rytm MKII Sampling Workflow

The MKII sampling workflow is pretty much as on the Digitakt. So that combined with the synthesis machines, makes Carl-Mikael a non-dull boy!

14 Likes

Seriously. Your videos. Are da shit. Of the good kind. I’m having coffee now and watching it again and just enjoy it so goddam much.

8 Likes

This makes me happy and proud. Thank you! :heart_eyes_cat: :heart: :heart_decoration:

7 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Analog Rytm is now shipping

What does the sample page look like? In your video I see the amp page but not the sample page. Is the sample page the same as the MK1? Is the MK2 the same as the MK1 except for being able to sample in? If so then its not the same as the Digitakt right?

The sample page is pretty much the same as MKI. But the recorder/direct is much like the Digitakt.

1 Like

“I’ll get some sounds from s contact mic in my beard”

:smile::smile::smile:

1 Like

Ah o.k thanks. I have a RYTM and was thinking picking up a Digitakt. Seems a lot info is available now and I’m looking to see if the RYTM mk2 has the same sample manipulation possibilities as the Digitakt. Thanks for your videos :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Great video! Thanks! So the sampling seems very similar to the digitakt indeed! But what next? I believe that the processing afterwards is different due to the analog circuits/filters? That this makes the sounds/samples fatter as compared to the digitakt? Is this true and noticable?

Both true and noticeable. If you use the analog circuits, of course.

…a bit into this video I actually touch upon that exact subject.

Nice Vid! How about a video/tutorial on loading soundpacks/samples/kits/patterns on the AR2?

Thanks!

That seems like manual material, though. What would you like to know?

On the soundpacks, the directions seem to be referencing the AR (not the AR2) so the included menu instructions don’t quite match up. I’m trying to figure out if I need to create a new project for every soundpack I downloaded from Elektron (I bought about 4-5 soundpacks).

I guess just a general flow of how to properly install Elektron’s soundpacks (including kits/samples/sounds/patterns) into an AR2.

Thx!

OK. Good clarification.

But I’m not the person to do this. I don’t use soundpacks at all.

And I’m sure this would be a question that Elektron support would gladly clarify.

Hi carlmichael! I was wondering, as a heavy mk2 user; does your rytm occasionally freeze too? A reboot quickly fixes it, but its annoying nonetheless. If your device never froze, i’m worried i may have a faulty unit! Otherwise, i’ll just wait for future firmware updates.

I’ve had no such issues. But the instrument is so complex that you very well might have done things and combined features that I never even touched.

But of course it shouldn’t freeze. And you won’t get anywhere on forums. Get in touch with Elektron support. They are good people. They’ll get you sorted.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice!