RYTM MK1 - Electro/techno

VOIDVOIDVOIDVOID - Pressure This was a live jam done on my RYTM MK1. Recorded through the Main Outputs in Overbridge to use the fx.
I hope you enjoy - never posted any music on here before…

6 Likes

Sounds great to me. Much more entertaining and well thought out than what people typically label as live jams. Great track. Nice punchy sound too, not the usual smoggy veil over everything that I associate with Rytm’s. Kudos for sound design and sample selection that really cuts through and feels crisp and energetic.

2 Likes

Hey, Thanks. Glad you liked it, I have found using the amp envelope, rare use of reverb and subtle Overdrive in combination with band-pass filters is a good way of getting a more defined sound. I found putting loads of overdrive on everything, turning the track volumes up and ignoring the envelopes turned it all to mud pretty quickly. I’ve had the RYTM MK1 for just under a year and starting to get to grips with it…still a lot to learn :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Good tips! I know I need to cut down on reverb usage myself. Whatever you’re doing, keep it up, sounds great!

1 Like

This is fantastic!
Cant wait to hear more.

1 Like

Thank-you. It’s been a while before I have felt confident enough to put a tune together with the RYTM. I do have quite a few patterns to chain together for some more tracks, I just have to write some fills and breakdowns…

I know this all too well.
A few years back I had just settled into the dark trinity and worked up a set and finally posted it saying the same thing.
“Needs more fills and stuff.”
I did add more to that set, and overtime it’s become some of my favorite things to play.
It helped me to go ahead and put somethings out, to kind of finish them up.
I also got some great critique which helped move things forward.
Your track is already great, I’m sure things will only get better.

1 Like

Thanks for all the listens you Nauts! :slight_smile:

I played my first live show last weekend - went down well - The AR Mk1 is the brains - clocking the Beatstep Pro with Dyn-Sync, which controlled my SV-1.
I created synth patterns on the fly, while using scenes and performance pads on the AR. I played for an hour, it felt like 5 mins :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Is it possible to play Chromaticly Pattern direkt with Midi-Out Into the SV-1?

I have try it, Route Ch12 to Midi Ch7 for the SV-1.
I can play chromaticly “Live”, but it doesn`t send trigger Signal over the pattern! :frowning: any solution? (without Beatstep Pro)

Got anymore of them electro tracks?

3 Likes

Hi Radium2K7,
If your talking about MIDI out from the Analog RYTM, it does not send MIDI out from the pattern/sequencer. This is a traditional bug-bear with the RYTM. You can send MIDI ‘live’ from the pads.
This is the reason why I use the Beatstep Pro. I’ve recently acquired an Octatrack MK1, so might replace the Beatstep Pro with the OT’s MIDI sequencer.
I hope I have answered this for you.
Thanks
Chris

1 Like

Thanks…this question gives me the desire to record some more :slight_smile:
I do have another that I’m going to record… I’m sorting out some vocal samples for it before I record.
The tune is called ChemtrailRomance with some samples of a lady talking about chemtrail pentagrams in the sky - a bit like a twisted ‘little fluffy clouds’ - :slight_smile:
I have a load of stuff programmed into the RYTM (mostly 4x4 techno), I just need some time to record… Cant take everything on the commute unfortunately - only one box at a time! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thnx Chris,
so next Order: Beatstep Pro :rofl:

A tune where I recorded the RYTM and Bass Bot live (you might be able to hear some pops where I hit scenes pads to cut the bass!).
The acid line has had some eq-ing done on it in Logic to help it fit better.
The samples are regarding Chemtrails, the person has taken this theory and run off the end of a cliff.
A Chemtrail Romance
I hope you like it!!

Hello Native.

I now have my Beatstep Pro, trying some Setup`s. Could you tell me how to send Clock from Beatstep to the clock i/o from the SV-1? I have try all Settings, but the SV-1 uses only his own Clock Rate :confused:

Maybe explain me you`re Setup to work fine with RYTM, BEATSTEP and SV-1?

Cheers…

Hi,
I have my RYTM sending Din Sync to the Beatstep Pro (using the clock adapters plugged into clock) - make sure that the Beatstep Pro sync is set to Clock (top left hand - this catches me out more times than I would like to admit). I then send Midi from the BeatStep Pro to the SV-1 - I find this much tighter than MIDI clocking.

1 Like