Roland TR-8S

Feast your eyes:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1393506-REG/roland_tr_8s_rhythm_performer.html

12 Likes

Hoping this will include the improved modelling of the TR-08 and TR-09.

1 Like

Some nice updates, individual part lenths and more outputs. As much as I like my tr8 this appears to be a great upgrade.

1 Like

To quote the Sound Design demonstration video: “The TR-8S has an updated circuit modelling engine…”

Looks like your wish has been granted :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow… great alternative to DT/AR.

5 Likes

Especially to Digitakt, since there is no individual outputs on it and we don’t know when it’s gonna be implemented (i mean separate outputs via Overbridge)

1 Like

No onboard sampling though, or did I miss it? DT still has chromatic mode, lfo’s etc - still in a different league I’d say unless you’re after a pure drum machine.

No overbridge?!?! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

25 Likes

Nah no onboard sampling. The TR8 has always been a super simple machine for people needing a solid workhorse, different target market than Elektron stuff imo.

No direct sampling it seems. Sure, there are differences but it does look like a strong competitor to DT still.

Loading samples is pretty awesome, plus parameter locks :+1:

Well… I was about to say “especially to Digitakt, since it has backup and we don’t know when it’s gonna be implemented (I mean via overbridge)” . :joy:

Hurry up Elektron.

1 Like

400 samples / 180s (44.1/mono)

1 Like

its getting interesting with those individual outs…

2 Likes

This is the first announcement that really thrills me since ages! The TR8 is a performance tool, volume faders, the large buttons and all the knobs make it accessible for live gigs like no other drum machine I used. With the loss of its limitations the TR8s becomes THE drum machine that I want to use alongsinde with a synthesizer. The trigger can clock my modular system and deal with the audio output. Fantastic!

7 Likes

Reminds me of my old Electribe ES-1. In all the good ways.

Looks better, too. Than the previous TR-8, that is. Not better than the ES-1. Nothing can look better than a sampler branded in the color of champagne. Nothing.

10 Likes

Roland TR8S

Reponse to digitakt and AR MK2

https://www.roland.com/fr/products/tr-8s/?_cldee=a2V2aW4uZGVwb3VldEBnbWFpbC5jb20%3D&recipientid=contact-c1ba318b8758e5118a34005056a77dea-137a91ba9be940e1993d3792d81bc4a1&esid=ba8a3378-051e-e811-80f7-000d3a28d719

I like the one soft drum pad for playing in parts Live, good idea

2 Likes

128 patterns. Now, you have my attention.

2 Likes