Resampling-problems on octatrack mk2

Hello everyone.

I have a kick nicely modified with two effects (a simple 4-floor beat on T1), and want to record them internally, eventually put the recorded kick to T2, to add more effects.

I’m very new to the Octa-world and have no idea what the technical terms signify. (yes, it’s possible, lol)

So a very simple step-by-step guide would really help.

Chapter 17 of the manual contains step for step instructions for all kinds of sampling variants.

For sampling of internal stuff like a track, main out or cue out, you need to use SRC3.

1 Like

I’ve read the manual. I didn’t understand the instructions.

Okay, I guess the manual is sometimes a little bit overwhelming.

Have you tried reading Merlin’s Guide? I’ve heard it is quite good. Here is a link:

i think you said you had switched on the quick sampling option, but with internal sampling you still have to hold the track button (&the midi button)

OK, here’s what I did:

REC1 is set to
INAB - / INCD - / RLEN MAX
TRIG ONE / SRC3 T1 / LOOP OFF

REC2 is set to
FIN O / FOUT O / AB 0
QREC PLEN / QPL PLEN / CD 0

Kick Drum is on T1, a simple 4-floor beat in grid mode.

I wanna resample that kick (as a one-shot or a loop doesn’t matter) and then assign the new sample to T2 to continue adding FX.

what does that mean?

1 Like

Leave all settings except:
Set rlen to plen…

Press play on the OT…
During the first cycle hold the track button of the recorder track your using ( I imagine track 1) plus rec3, let go.
On the next cycle it will record a pattern length sample of track 1…
Use the audio editor to trim if needed, or just use it as a loop…
Save and then it will ask, choose assign to free flex…
Go to track 2 and assign that sample from the flex list…

There’s many other ways, this is one of them…
Also know you don’t have to save the sample unless you want to permanently keep it, you can just assign recording1 to track 2 flex… That way you can change fx and settings on track one and every time you sample again it will update track2.

1 Like

just what I wanted to know :smiley:

THANK YOU BIG TIME!!!

(p.s.: It worked :wink: )

1 Like