Resample gain

Dear Electroctatrons
Simple setup, big question:
Drum samples on T1-T4, RecBuffer5 on T5 with a one shot trig for the recorder to sample the main outs and the normal trig one one to trig the RecBuffer5. Crossfader sets scene A T1-T4 XLV to MAX and T5 XLV to MIN. Scene B vise versa.

Question: why is the volume of the “re-sampled” main out not as high as the sound comming out of the main jacks? Not even if I boost the RecBuffer5 12dB…?

Thanks for Help

hagbard1st

there’s a link in this thread which may give you some food for thought !

Thanks man!
Interesting facts. And surprisingly new posts in this thread.
So my conclusion is that I have to boost the sample with it’s max. 12 dB within the attributes and then push it again on the amp page. Or is there a way to boost the main level on the input during resampling.

This guy here does seem to have the solution to this problem:

1 Like

for me, tarekith’s second transition trick video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1D_UurOook&feature=c4-overview&list=UUE11_-IseQFfXZhc8sOK7xg) was an aha moment. My attempts to sample stuff coming in from AB didn’t sound right until I started using SRC3 on T8 as the Master track. I don’t think that using the Master track was the key (sometimes I use a Thru machine instead), but to sample a track rather than the inputs. All the sudden, it became ‘what you hear is what you get’. Things are going more smoothly sampling for me now.

2 Likes

Thanks glaciertree
Resampling of the cue out does it for me. Very flexible and quick slolution.

Happy hollidays!

1 Like

hi hagbard
I haven’t tried using cue. I should probably try that sometime. Might mean I wouldn’t have to use up a track. Happy holidays to you too!

Great stuff, gonna have to look into this !