Recommendations immersive ambient samples for OT

Check out the Cycling 74 website, they have some amazing sound packs.

2 Likes

Thank you, Ryan.

Yes, I have and intend on downloading that this weekend. Just acquired an OT and searching for more samples to build arsenal of samples to sift through… also searching for high res environmental ( especially glacial and nautical samples)

1 Like

Great looking samples…will dive into this site…fantastic descriptions too…thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There’s some top stuff on the rest of the site as well… And it’s FREE (Donations are allowed)
:+1:

3 Likes

thank you. appreciate :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You might want to check this thread:

3 Likes

This ^ ( it’s going to mention the great aporee.org)

And:

I’ve bookmarked and go back to both regularly.

1 Like

UP

:slight_smile:

You said immersive ?

1 Like

Personally, I like the idea of bootstrapping everything on the OT/DT itself, i.e., use looping, detuned, LFO’d, heavily effected single cycle waveforms or other stuff for that matter on multiple tracks, resample, rinse repeat.

5 Likes

Echospace :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your process. Must def. something I would like to learn to do onOT. I mangle samples on KP3 effects and repeat.

2 Likes

:cb:

1 Like

After checking out whats out there you will benefit by creating your own originals from scratch. You gain much more that way and can sleep easy knowing you got something not used by others.

Have fun.

4 Likes

I use Omnisphere, set the envelope to a long length, and loop it. Then use the envelope to modulate the delay /reverb, and modulate several (random) LFO from the amp envelope.

Export the wavefile and then import into Octatrack.

1 Like

Omnisphere would be amazing to work with.

www.freesound.org has a range of field recordings of varying quality

pro tip: choose “highest rated” rather than “most relevant” in the search …

2 Likes

Very true . The intention is to eventually do that . There so much good dames out there and to use and as inspiration for synthesizing originals. Thank you

Have heard its of good comments and demo about every Omnisphere. Will look into it closely. Thanks for your suggestion:)

if there’s a cowbell in the studio then who needs anything more really.

2 Likes

Yes, the mother of all fx:)

1 Like

If you have an iPad, have a Look at the DM 2 drum machine, which now has a Drone Mode.

Even better is the new PPG Infinite by Wolfgang Palm… Even if you do. not get it, you are never far away from a good ambient Sound with this synth.

Hope this helps… k

1 Like