Rec buffer 8 can’t preview when using master

So it seems you can’t preview the contents of Rec buffer 8 when track 8 is master…

I mean - you can get into the editor and see the waveform but FUNC+YES doesn’t work

Anyone confirm?

Workaround I have at moment is assign another flex track to buffer 8 temporarily…

1 Like

I see that you’ve obviously previously set the Track 8 to be a Flex assigned to RecBuffer 8 and then changed it to a master in order to have access to the buffer in the editor as it’s otherwise not possible to get the waveform up

however, I suspect the issue is that there’s (sort of) no machine on the track to play the audio back, or more likely this usage scenario wasn’t catered for - it’s a quirk for sure, it’s actually quite handy that the record track on Master 8 still works, so I agree it’s a pity that the buffer doesn’t play (for whatever reason) - it may be worth flagging this up, but I suspect it may be supposed to act the way a neighbour track does when you pre-arm with its respective buffer and have a recorder active, in this case the editor waveform simply displays n/a

something’s a little inconsistent somewhere for sure

2 Likes

can you set something like track 7 to the track 8 recorder buffer and at least preview it that way?

also, you should be able to save it from the editor and load it to another track.

2 Likes

You might not even need to load the buffer to a flex as samples can be previewed from the sample slot list, just try to preview from the flex list on any flex track by having the buffer selected (rectangle around it) without even loading it (pressing enter while selected).

3 Likes

Not true. You can go into recorder settings and then ‘edit this recording’

I do this quite a bit because often I’m using a slot on the machine but still using the buffer to make recordings

Having said that I did try assigning the buffer to T8 before switching to master mode. Easier to get to for sure but still no previewing.

1 Like

Yes that’s the workaround I mentioned

but I need to preview while editing. But yeah will try that for just listening back to recordings

1 Like

doh!

1 Like

You can get at buffers ‘under’ neighbours in this situation too. Use func + edit while in rec setup pages.

1 Like

Thanks for bringing this up … I may have tried this at some point in the early days learning :elot: but had completely forgotten

1 Like

Yeah I confirm, I usually use track 8 for MAIN long recordings. My workaround for preview is to save and assign to a Static.

I guess T8 as Master as a different routing, as you can’t send it to CUE.