Randomize a4

hi!
is there any way to randomize the a4 Parameters?
I am shit at sounddesign and unhappy with the presets :frowning:

Hi!
You can select a random modulation waveform in the LFO section, and send that to most (if not all) the parameters of the sound!

1 Like

Pb with LFO : you don’t freeze your randomization.

You may get Guga’s SMD for instant randomization of a bunch of parameters.

However, on A4 as on MM I have the feeling that it’s very important to know what you’re doing.
There are so many parameters that just randomize shit can’t be the solution.
You’d 1000000x better read Gordon Reid’s Synth Secrets from the start… Gradually, you’ll get knowledge and light where it’s cloudy and fuzzy today.

Sane reading.

1 Like

Understanding what’s going on and how you might best use it is certainly a bonus, can’t argue with that … however, a problem with learning ‘what to do’ is that it can funnel you away from making leaps into the unusual … a randomisation tool can undoubtedly get you to places you would never arrive at without a good feel for the synthesis or even if you were tweaking blind … trouble with most randomisation tools for gear in general is that the results are far far far more miss than hit … it probably takes a certain kind of synth or a carefully arranged randomisation routine to produce viable sounds … the original Waldorf pulse+ has a very good configuration, it really delivers interesting results far more often than not, Blofeld less so … if you’re angling for modularesque sounds then I think an A4 targeted routine could be tweaked to give a better ratio of sounds … certainly something i’d intended to incorporate, amongst other design tools (like morphing between presets) in an A4 editor I was making before OB derailed my enthusiasm - might revisit it as the OB plugin isn’t working out for my preferred host environment

either way, it’s best to learn what the options can do to best tweak when you’re close to what you’re after sound wise

3 Likes

^ agreed, randomization on the A4 tends to produce nasty (and not in a good way) sounds… same as interpolation. imo. works best with carefully tweaking the performance macros…

3 Likes

Randomizing sequencer parameters (notes, velocity, slide, accent, etc.) however, would be really, really nice.

A version of the X0XB0X had this “instant randomize” feature, which resulted in lots of great starting-points and inspiration.

you cant try this patch for maxforlive…

http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device/1855/a4-randomizer

1 Like

I do agree with Void. I think the macro well targeted can brings you to a kind of randomizer with good results and, essentially reproductible configuration.

When reach a territory that match your taste, save the preset and tweak a little bit to your taste.

This would permit you to try now, without buying new gear that will have to be discovered, and wil have an educative approach of synthsis parameters, with instant satisfaction and pleasure to ear sound evolution Wether than read a book.

If you really want to randomise your sound, affect all parameters randomly to macro on the same track, in view to radomise one sound.

HavFun

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for.

just in case: A4Randomize
it is pretty a basic piece of software but i think it does the job, just click and randomize… :slight_smile:

Hey @guga did you update this for the new OS? I forgot about your randomizer! I loved it!