Question about Prophet 12

I am blown away from the prophet 12 :slight_smile:

1 Like

I havenā€™t read the entire thread so apologies if duplicate. I think I heard you say you liked the mopho. How about poly chaining a tetra off one?

Before I bought the P08 I had the mopho and tetra polychainedā€¦ the problem was that when i played all 8 voices or arpeggios I could recognize which voices were coming from tetraā€¦ somehow the tetraā€™s outs are slightly hotter (even if you have the same levels on mopho/tetra) and rawer. I found some other mopho/tetra users describing the same thing.

1 Like

Oh yes -Frankfurt - but i moved now to Ratingen near DĆ¼sseldorf, should update my profile :slight_smile: I will post a live set when i incorporated the P12, i still need to learn its functions, and overcome some of the limitations of the OT sequencer.

I already had a Sub 37 so that raw mono synth thing is coverd - the A4 covers also the analog grit i need for my music. I still love the A4 - its not that the P12 will replace it. - its just adding other sounds. And i think i like the curtis filter its smooth.

1 Like

thereā€™s not even one shop in Scotland which would have one of these in stock. Iā€™d have to drive down to Englandā€¦ like 200 miles one way. So 400 mile round trip to check out a synthā€¦ nahā€¦ When I decide to buy oneā€¦ (if I decide) Iā€™ll have 2 weeks to return it if I donā€™t like itā€¦ thatā€™s the only option. :frowning:

I thought it wasnā€™t possible to erase the factory patch banks?

yeaahā€¦ it think you are rightā€¦ i think some of the banks canā€™t be overwrittenā€¦ which is bonkers

Just a wee follow upā€¦ I bought the Prophet 12 module! Initially I wanted the keyboard version, but the difference in price in huuuge, so I got the module and Korg Minilogue. So farā€¦ I only had time to make 2 patches; to me it doesnā€™t sound like Prophet 08 at allā€¦ which Iā€™m very pleased with. The 4 oscillators are just madness and the tweakability of the synthā€¦ makes me think of modular synths. Very flexible. I played some of my sounds from Analog Keys over the P12 and they felt like one family.

1 Like

Does anyone know if MIDI Program Change is received fast? Fingers crossed as it would be amazing send speedy changes from my DT.

Yes for what I remember is super fast

1 Like

Awesome. Seems to have a lot of potential if you can switch between both timbres and do CC changes on the fly.

If I remember correctly when you switch patches FX donā€™t cut also so you can end up with the sound thats still in the delay jumping into the new settings of your next patch, which can have cool fx type sounds happening. At least thats how it works on the pro2.

1 Like

Amazing