Question about Prophet 12

Oh… i’m so jealous… I think I’ll wait for a while to see what NAMM will bring. Would you post some samples of your patches when you got to it? BTW I just noticed you are from Frankfurt… my family is from Offenbach :wink:

P12 doesn’t use Digitally Controlled Oscillators (DCOs), which is what you find in the Analog Four.
It uses DSP based digital oscillators.
There is a huge difference.

Same goes for the NL4, and Pro 2. These are not DCOs.

1 Like

Youre right, i meant to just say digital oscillators. Nonetheless not a huge fan, nor of the curtis LP filter.

Neither am I.
But the P12 is the DSI synth that overcomes the curtis filter design the best.

DSI came to a new level with the Pro 2, P6, and OB6.

1 Like

I try to send bank changes to the P12 module - it seems not to change the bank - program change works.
I.e. i send from the octatrack programm 12, and it selects programm 12 in bank U1 - (+1) .
But how do i change the bank ? Any ideas?

2 Likes

That helps a lot - i have an i connect midi 4 - if i remap the message that should do the trick, i hope.

1 Like

Can somebody chime in with knowlege of the i connect midi 4 ? I could remap - but only to certain destinations - i.e.
remap to Midi CC 3,9 but not to CC32.

Ok, got it - there is actually a dropdown list of, which is scrollable - didnt see that at first. Works now like a charm.
Very comfortable the i connect midi 4 device.

I am blown away from the prophet 12 :slight_smile:

1 Like

I haven’t read the entire thread so apologies if duplicate. I think I heard you say you liked the mopho. How about poly chaining a tetra off one?

Before I bought the P08 I had the mopho and tetra polychained… the problem was that when i played all 8 voices or arpeggios I could recognize which voices were coming from tetra… somehow the tetra’s outs are slightly hotter (even if you have the same levels on mopho/tetra) and rawer. I found some other mopho/tetra users describing the same thing.

1 Like

Oh yes -Frankfurt - but i moved now to Ratingen near Düsseldorf, should update my profile :slight_smile: I will post a live set when i incorporated the P12, i still need to learn its functions, and overcome some of the limitations of the OT sequencer.

I already had a Sub 37 so that raw mono synth thing is coverd - the A4 covers also the analog grit i need for my music. I still love the A4 - its not that the P12 will replace it. - its just adding other sounds. And i think i like the curtis filter its smooth.

1 Like

there’s not even one shop in Scotland which would have one of these in stock. I’d have to drive down to England… like 200 miles one way. So 400 mile round trip to check out a synth… nah… When I decide to buy one… (if I decide) I’ll have 2 weeks to return it if I don’t like it… that’s the only option. :frowning:

I thought it wasn’t possible to erase the factory patch banks?

yeaah… it think you are right… i think some of the banks can’t be overwritten… which is bonkers

Just a wee follow up… I bought the Prophet 12 module! Initially I wanted the keyboard version, but the difference in price in huuuge, so I got the module and Korg Minilogue. So far… I only had time to make 2 patches; to me it doesn’t sound like Prophet 08 at all… which I’m very pleased with. The 4 oscillators are just madness and the tweakability of the synth… makes me think of modular synths. Very flexible. I played some of my sounds from Analog Keys over the P12 and they felt like one family.

1 Like

Does anyone know if MIDI Program Change is received fast? Fingers crossed as it would be amazing send speedy changes from my DT.

Yes for what I remember is super fast

1 Like

Awesome. Seems to have a lot of potential if you can switch between both timbres and do CC changes on the fly.

If I remember correctly when you switch patches FX don’t cut also so you can end up with the sound thats still in the delay jumping into the new settings of your next patch, which can have cool fx type sounds happening. At least thats how it works on the pro2.

1 Like