Promo video for Moog DFAM

lets drop the politics and talk about the actual device. Its sounds ok. The challenge is have is buying what i want verses what I will use. I always come back to my elektron devices because they all work together in harmony. Adding another device is nice but it can often be more hassle than its worth and you end up selling it down the road. I think this is a device i would end up selling. I have a Rytm so why would i need it.

1 Like

There is overwhelming scientific evidence that innate gender differences in this regard are either too small to be relevant or nonexistent.

Please read https://www.google.nl/amp/s/www.wired.com/story/the-pernicious-science-of-james-damores-google-memo/amp for an introduction.

So? That doesn’t change the fact that Moog is doing this intentionally.

OK, I think we reach the point where I say that you say potayto and I say potahto.

Just adding it into the broader discussion for those who believe all women fit their stereotype.

I think you’ll probably get a better response in the other DFAM thread man, it’s a bit hot in here, you might go under the radar

3 Likes

There are sometimes non-males who take this position and that is their position to take. I don’t agree with it and if I had the means to speak to Caroline Polachek I would.

I will just say that she comes from a very, very privileged position.

There is a mountain of evidence in the other direction. You have the worrying air of someone drawn to confirmation bias.

1 Like

No. We’re not.

Post it. Seriously.

Right… so women only have valid opinions when they lack privilege. So is this about women or privilege.

1 Like

No, there isn’t. You really might want to read the article I suggested and do some research into this topic.

Mmmh. Privileged position… you mean like all those elite DFAM first-adopters we saw in the video?

1 Like

No jokes

1 Like

I don’t need to do anything. As I said above, I don’t think I’ve met a woman in almost 40 years on this earth who wouldn’t have wanted to flush your patronising heads down a toilet by this point in a conversation.

3 Likes

I’ve done plenty of internet reading, just as you have. It doesn’t qualify as ‘research’, so let’s not start trying to pretend we’re scientists.

4 Likes

white cis male not being into identity politics make sense… yes… cool cool

3 Likes

This is not an issue of being valid. You are in the position of insane privilege for being cismale (and, by your avatar and other info, white and English.) and I’m speaking to that privilege you have that other non-males don’t have in this industry. It’s about both. Being a man is privileged whereas is in Ms. Polacheck’s there are other privileges.

BTW seems she backtracked a bit:

Then you hang out with different people.